is there any path left for our own local bands?

Isn't that the purpose of this webby? Anyway, maybe have mor heartrock concerts and we all go down and watch or wad? jus my 2 cents

dunno ... like US , rock music lovers etc + frens and family ... aint enuf ... must get mainstream community support !

appeal to public to support !

stars said:
hmm ... yea local support :

how do we cultivate a culture of supporting local music ? encouraging people to accept and promote our OWN music ?

organise a yearly event ? GO LOCAL MUSIC ?

u have to get it heard amonge the civilians first larh.. like electrico is on perfect 10 number 1 hit.. and i actualli saw pple searching for electrico in irc mp3 channels.. aint that a good start?

radio stations plays a big part.. lol maybe go start a petition or wad la.. den make them play more local stuff like wad other country is doing :wink:

maybe you could promote ur music first then promote urself as a singaporean.. i guess not many knows electrico is an sg band.. :wink:

promote music first : listen nice liao nothing to say once they know is sg band.. no more 'anything from sg is crap' words from them :wink:

question?
so would u go watch a band play or listen to their cd? how local bands do we have? list them would be nice...what do look for when u watch a local band play?

Nothing beats seeing a band with full of raw energy rockin it out on stage! Be it local or international. Attending a gig on a weekend can definately fill up one's boredom, better still if u go in a grp! A nice alternative to movie/makan weekend kinda thing...

Nowadays its great to see that many local bands r coming out with demos and albums. Plus with the magic of the internet a band can finally get some nice deserve exposure. Though personally I prefer watchin them on stage, I always have a small smile in my heart when I hear a local band song being played, be it on the public airways or from my speakers.

If u r askin how many local bands we have, I would say ALOT.. Pure-rock has a nice list of of rock/metal bands in SG plus u can view their bio and hear some samples from some of the bands. For other genres there's I think there r some links on soft that has them..

Back