Is there a non-glossy Gibson Les Paul?

yea.... I own one...

its a 1990 Les Paul Standard...

abit like the Slash signature without the gloss nor the stripes.

how much izzit? i dun seem to see any non glossy plaintop lespaul on sale over sg :( the nearest i could get is bob marley one. if its >3k it still alright

01926.jpg

yeah something like this, i dunno why, i can see the grains patterns on this, which is really really great! i dun seem to able to see the grains over normal les paul with same colour

NoiZe said:
how much izzit? i dun seem to see any non glossy plaintop lespaul on sale over sg :( the nearest i could get is bob marley one. if its >3k it still alright
I think list is around 4.5K - go down to Bras Basah and take a look. I think it's that one.

Writer said:
yea.... I own one...

its a 1990 Les Paul Standard...

abit like the Slash signature without the gloss nor the stripes.

excalty! tat wat im looking for, a plaintop and without gloss finish! the les paul faded is without gloss with flamed top if im not wrong ahaha. im too troublesome

can i ask something? wat maghony colour? is there any shops tat can sand off my epiphone ebony into natural finish? im thinking of tat. at the same time i wanna change my pickups too, which repuation shop do u guys intro? btw izzit possible to sand off the paint on les paul? considering tat its a set neck hmm

NoiZe said:
can i ask something? wat maghony colour? is there any shops tat can sand off my epiphone ebony into natural finish? im thinking of tat. at the same time i wanna change my pickups too, which repuation shop do u guys intro? btw izzit possible to sand off the paint on les paul? considering tat its a set neck hmm

its possible,alot of work though. i just sanded off the finish on a project guitar i'm working on.

yes:

*Les Paul Special SC ($1,499)
200507251628_gibson-lp-special.jpg

*Les Paul Std Faded edition ($4,300)
200507251628_gibson-lp-standard.jpg

these are featured in the GEAR NEWS pages...

gibsons are overrated.go for a japanese LP.

No they are not. Just like every extremely successful big guitar maker, having the consistency they first had in the 50s is just not possible now. Gibson is no longer just a guitar company.

Gibson STILL does have awesome playing guitars, you just need to get a hold of the right one, one day.

other than that aspect.you'll need lots of luck to find that kinda guitar that sits into your palm nicely.

just het a jap lp.saves lots of cash.but a gibson can fetch you more in the future when its like an antique.

No they are not. Just like every extremely successful big guitar maker, having the consistency they first had in the 50s is just not possible now. Gibson is no longer just a guitar company.

Gibson STILL does have awesome playing guitars, you just need to get a hold of the right one, one day.

actually, in the 50s they werent that consistent either.
its just that with higher production now, more tend to see the inconsistencies.

back then they only made like 500-1000 models per yr, compared to 1000 per month now.

Latest posts

Back