iron maiden strat

on the topic of sig guitars, do you think if a famous guy produces a signature guitar, is that a form of selling out?

i think when a musician sells out it mean hes not being true to himself.

anyway on this topic. man id love to get my hands on any guitars either of the 3 maiden guitarists play.

nitrovo said:
on the topic of sig guitars, do you think if a famous guy produces a signature guitar, is that a form of selling out?

no it isn't. when a player commits to an endorsement, he's very fortunate to have the manufacturer listening to him, that's about it. an endorsement doesn't mean that particular model will sell loads either.

nitrovo said:

Well if it means getting free guitars of specs you like I don't think I'd mind.

subversion said:
nitrovo said:

no it isn't. when a player commits to an endorsement, he's very fortunate to have the manufacturer listening to him, that's about it. an endorsement doesn't mean that particular model will sell loads either.

it depends lah, if slash suddenly switch playing strats of teles.. and then all of a sudden buys a private jet for no bloody reason, heheh thats selling out

imo the maiden strat is darned worth it. packs more punch that a usual strat and looks more kickass. i dont mind clean single coils but SSS strats just sound super weak to me when distorted. :?

Latest posts

Back