Intro: VioletUK

VioletUK

Hi guys!~ :lol:
Im new in this forum.
And im very interested in drums.

Got inspired by yoshiki :oops:

Can anyone tell me..
If its neccessary to own a drum set at home?

Most of you gt drum set at home?
Or you all go practice studio and practice?

And drum be self learn? :D

hi. you do not need to have a drum set at home to be good at it. my band's drummer has no set, and he practices with his bed.

*hi. you do not need to have a drum set at home to be good at it. my band's drummer has no set, and he practices with his bed.*

Hmmmm... He practice his "BANG" on his bed.... interesting..... hahaha...

hi there!!

1st of all welcome to SOFT!!

i myself don't own a drumset at home...
i practice during jamming sessions with my band
and yeaa i learn myself....

hope that answers ur questions....

:twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

X JAPAN!
YOSHIKI!

welcome!.. but if you got the means of owning one why not!..
but if not u can use pillows and sort of set up a 'drumset' on your sofa or bed yah..

haha my drummer ever said a brilliant drummer can create magic using 2 sticks and the yellow pages

Hi Violet,

You don't need drums when starting out, you can buy a drum pad (S$20 - S$50) and a Metronome to begin with and practise some basic rudiments.

Working on a pad will develop your finger and wrist technics. Rudiments are also a good way to learn some basic right/left hand coordination exercises which will eventually make it easier for you once you practise on a real kit.

Don't forget that a drum kit requires some investment and space. I would advise you to go for lessons to try it out first and see wether you are ready to make the commitment.

I give private lessons at S$10 for the first lesson, and S$50 and S$38 for subsequent lessons. All last one hour. I can teach you some exercises you can take home to practise on a pad that will help you better your performance everytime you get on a kit.

Please call me at 9223 6439 or email me at lazius_kaye@yahoo.com for more info or to book your initial lesson.

Rgds
Laz

Back