Intro: throwduncan

throwduncan

hi all. Im new here, so ill say a little bit about me.

NAME

im gabriel ,but i prefer to be called gabe.

INSTRUMENTS

i have a ibanez rg350ex. i have a wrong guitar for the genre of music i like.
i can play rhythm,lead, loop.but i have average exprience.
SONGS I LISTEN TO
TheBloodBrothers, Trivium, under the influence of giants, Auburn Serene, Breedlove, final drive, killing the dream, saving daylight, thorn lake, national product, xTO MY GRAVEx, A7X, Loser's Luck, novella, Arctic Monkeys, tracy, repeat repeat, The Rasmus, Ellegarden, Bullet for My Valentine, Alien Ant Farm, Outsmarting Simon, Death Threat, Folly, Northstar, Daphne Loves Derby, Lux Courageous, Hit The Lights, Anterrabae, As Tall As Lions, Hot Hot Heat, OrangeRange, Dynamite Boy, the click five, Sugarcult, Plain White T's, SO THEY SAY, cute is what we aim for, Portugal. The Man, The Fully Down,Faktion, Jettared, Paulson, Billy Talent, Teriyaki Boyz, UVERworld, Haste the Day, Bigwig, Junction 18, Anatomy of a Ghost, A Static Lullaby, Alice In Chains, Then I Turned Seven, BEDlight for BlueEYES, The Phenomenauts, Rediscover, Post Break Tragedy, Starlight Mints, Strike Anywhere, showbread, Stutterfly, Sugarbomb, These Green Eyes, The Unseen, Weezer, A Wilhelm Scream, PANIC! AT THE DISCO, Motion City Soundtrack, Bleeding Through, Bleed The Dream, The Color Of Money zao, Dating Delilah, Hellogoodbye, Death Cab for Cutie, spitalfield, At The Drive-In, The Mars Volta, Alkaline Trio, Jealousy Curve, Alesana, Name Taken, the presidents of the united states of america, B-DASH, GOLDFINGER, AMBERLIN, RUFIO, AFI, GATSBY'S AMERICAN DREAM, I AM GHOST, SEPHIROTH CHROUS, twilight city fracture, from first to last, my chemical romance, underOATH, fall out boy, something corporate, the all american rejects, THE USED, the starting line, straylight run, rise against, hello goodbye, the early november, matchbook romance, SR71, REGGIE AND THE FULL EFFECT, SAOSIN, THE VANISHED, thrice, a heart well ending, the postal service, relient K, silverstein, motion city soundtrack, sugarcult, the spill canvas, hidden in plain view, senes fail, boys night out, kelly clarkson, armor for sleep, 3doorsdown, foo fighters, FINCH, head automatica, wakefield, athornforeveryheart, the killers, yellowcard, tbs, dragonash, brandnew, coheed and cambria, secondhand serenade, alkaline trio, from autumn to ashes, story of the year, dashboard confessionals.

TOO MUCH TIME???MAYBE.

INFLUENCES
im a big music freak, my ipod is like booming 24/7. i mainly like powerpop, pop punk, starting line, cute is what we aim for,panic! at the disco type of songs. im looking for a band that suits my genre.

so,thats a little abt me.

it's more suited to metal you mean? not really.. with correct tweaking, you can get it to play almost any genre.. i can do metal, old rock and blues on this axe. nothing wrong so far.

What? rg350 cannot play FATA? You gotta be kidding me.

I heard a series/parallel mod with a push/pull vol pot on an RG at G77 that Beez was working on the other day. Pulled to parallel, it sounded like a really hi-gain strat. You might wanna try that one out.

mattleesc said:
plus u have that single coil in there for those lighter indiesh type songs.

but i don't find the single coil satisfatory enough though. very weak, not much punch to it. and the buzzing is very bad too.

im not little!!!!! coming out of the noob shell already. but im still a noob compared to you guys. now i must learn how to play fast. any tips??

strats said:
little one?

cos duncan's so young and i'm so oleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee *sob*

duncan - before you learn to play fast...have you mastered the art of playing slow yet?

:twisted:

learn to play slowwwwwwww. which is what i'm doing now. tried to get fast too fast, picked up alot of bad habits. now have to correct them. as how to get fast, get a metronome. try playing to the beat of the metronome. most people would recommend you to play chromatics. while i'm a firm believer in chromatics, it does have some bad points. namely1) you would only be fast in chromatics and 2) you don't get to build up your chops.

A metronome is a mechanical device that's used to mark time by means of regularly recurring ticks or flashes at adjustable intervals.
You can purchase a metronome separately, or sometimes it comes with the multiefxs.

I don't know how to define chops. Chops are chops la!
Something like riffs, like a sequence that you play.
People usually go, "Wow, that's some good chops you have there!"

Chromatics are exercises that goes 1,2,3,4, up and down. Anywhere on the fingerboard. Do correct me if I unknowingly made a mistake.

r u senior citizen ?

killinghall said:
strats said:
little one?

cos duncan's so young and i'm so oleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee *sob*

duncan - before you learn to play fast...have you mastered the art of playing slow yet?

:twisted:

Back