intro: repulsivity

repulsivity

hey guys,

im repulsivity (DUH!), 22 years and finishing NS and i play both the acoustic and e.guitar. (pref e-guitar though) i have about 2 years playing exp, but not very good.

am influenced by pop, rock and a bit of indie, jazz, and alt

joined soft cos my friend advise me to join a band or group to improve my playing and dynamics.

hope i'll get to jam with some of you peeps someday somewhere.

hello

hello repulsivity

i'm new to the forum too. good luck with your playing and keep practicing. \

cheers,
marc

Cogito - Ahh...cool. Sorry, my com is useless. I can't see your avatar..Yea I play a lil drums too. Took lessons for about 2 years & then quit cos i just couldn't be stuffed with reading notes. :cool:

Cogito - Ahh...cool. Sorry, my com is useless. I can't see your avatar..Yea I play a lil drums too. Took lessons for about 2 years & then quit cos i just couldn't be stuffed with reading notes. :cool:

Lovehurts, that's sounds good. I was always a "natural" drummer (which means not a very good one) but decided to take a few lessons last year and this year. Actually, the note reading and time signature awareness really helped me ALOT....both on the guitar and drum kit. Before I would just "feel" the rhythm, now I'm actually a lot more conscious of what's going on and better at counting it out and playing in time.

I've stopped the lessons because of work time pressures, but I highly recommend Mark at Rhythm House at Peninsular Plaza if anyone is interested in taking drum lessons. He's also the drummer for the house band at the Crazy Elephant.

Peace,
Marc

Cogito: Yeah of cos drum theory knowledge is very very useful & in some circumstances, necessary.

I never took drumming seriously, that's why when drum theory became a drag for me, i just stopped drum lessons. But i still play the drums now & then, just for fun. & of course as & when my band dudes let me...LOL!

Back