Intro: Maxine (piano teacher)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maxine

Hi, I'm Maxine, a full time piano teacher. I Been teaching for 10 years already with a Masters in Piano Study from the Royal College; and most students play competitively in various competitions, such as the TaiWan Bachstein and emerged tops and runner-ups.Was a judge in the acclaimed Zhong Sing International Piano Competition held between China and Singapore, 1st of Feb, 2008, at YMS auditorium. Have vast teaching experience besides piano department in the colleges, which includes choir, string ensembles and handbells and chimes and have also taught clinically proven ADHD and autistic children. I've worked as a Music Co-ordinator for Sheraeton Towers Singapore too where i train management staffs for Musical V.I.P./ ministers's light ups during christmas, and is actively involved with the local arts scene; is a resident accompanist to ticketing organisations and various SYF competing choirs. Qualified to teach from beginner till diplomas and beyond, and previously attached to Yamaha Music School. Have taught 1 to 1 piano and group lessons as well. Currently offering 1 to 1 private piano with Theory, and group theory lessons as well. Most experienced with kids and advanced piano master classes. Contact me at piano_teng@hotmail.com or 81435869 for more info. thanks.:D

I emailed her about one and a half months ago saying that I was interested to learn piano and wanna find a private teacher 'cuz I saw her thread on soft.
Then I started emailing her my particulars and background information.
After a few days she sms-ed me saying that I need to "BOOK" a place on the 12th of November because of her "Busy Schedule". To "BOOK" this place, I need to pay the November fees first. At that point I was excited to learn piano and didn't think through thoroughly. So I went to meet her, from Bukit Panjang all the way to Jurong West, $120.00 cash with me and met her at Gek Poh Shopping Centre. I handed her the cash and she gave me a receipt. During that period of time I was still having my 'O' Levels and my first lesson was supposed to start on the 12th of November, 1 day after the end of my 'O' Levels.
On the night of 11th November, she sms-ed me saying that she had to go overseas for a seminar or concert ( can't remember ), and the lesson was postponed to the friday, 14th November. So I waited. The next day she sms me saying that I could take the ABRSM Grade 2 Theory Examinations scheduled on March 2009 because she says that it was gonna be easy for me. She asked me to transfter the fees to her bank account. She persuaded me to transfer even though I didn't want to at first. So I did, transferred $85.00 to her bank account. Thursday night, she sms-ed me again telling me that she was sick and had to rescheduled it to the next day, Saturday, 15th November, 7pm. Saturday came and again, she sms-ed me in the afternoon saying that she "PROMISED" that she'll definitely make it on the next wednesday, 19th November, as she was still sick. So, I cancelled all my plans on Wednesday just for the FIRST session. Tuesday night, 18th November, she sms-ed me again, post-poning the lesson for the 4th time. I can't wait any longer and I asked her for re-fund. During that night she keep promising me that she'll definitely make it on the following Friday. I cannot take it anymore and asked for a re-fund.
She says okay, she agree to give me the re-fund by meeting her on Sunday Evening.
Sunday came, I called her 10 over times using my handphone and she didn't answer. I sent quite a lot of sms-es and no replies. So I waited till the next morning.
I called her using my house phone ( because it's private ) and she answered. She seemed so shocked to hear that it was me. So, she agree to meet me the next wednesday night, 8.30pm, Orchard MRT Control Station. I agreed. Tuesday night, she smsed me again, saying that she'll "Definitely" transfer the money to my bank account by 10pm on Wednesday. So I gave her my bank account number and waited.
Until now, I've not collected back my money.
I sms-ed her a few days ago saying that she had not return my money yet. She reply saying that she was "Too Busy" and "Will get it done by tonight" . I told her that she cannot be trusted and I was going down to her house to collect the money. She says that she's not gonna be in 'cuz she had to "teach". I can't trust her anymore and I just say, "You going to teach or scam people's money ?".
She replied, " Since you're so dissatisfied, go ahead and make a police report. You've been scammed, please do not disturb me. Go ahead and make a legal claim. "
I haven't reported to the police yet because I don't know what to say and whether the police will actually believe me. But I still have the receipt.

It sucked.

i believe that this is the first time that a new person in soft has been flamed by another new person...

Moderators will continue to monitor this thread closely. Meanwhile, AoCheng, if you can, try to settle this matter privately and seek legal recourse as a last resort. The best people to ask for help are your parents or any elder you are close to as I assume you are still a minor.

At the same time, we hope to be able to hear the other side of the story (if Maxine deigns to reply).

i think there are some legal experts here. if u have the text messages she gave u then power la. if i were i wouldve recorded the conversion itself.

Can try go to the police station and tell them what happened and show them the receipt.Then they may help you find a solution. If you want, just camp at her house door wait for her to come back

Last edited:
Can try go to the police station and tell them what happened and show them the receipt.Then they may help you find a solution. If you want, just camp at her house door wait for her to come back

like that make me feel like some ah long like that.. haha

i think there are some legal experts here. if u have the text messages she gave u then power la. if i were i wouldve recorded the conversion itself.

i kept some only.. but the important one i deleted :(
i kept the recent one when she told me to go make a police report

Consider myself unlucky for losing my money to this woman. I don't feel like caring anymore because it's a mistake I had made for trusting the wrong person. It's very difficult for me now, unless someone got a good idea, mail it to my email address.

To Everyone Out There!
Don't trust anyone so easily. I'm a victim, I know.

Consider myself unlucky for losing my money to this woman. I don't feel like caring anymore because it's a mistake I had made for trusting the wrong person. It's very difficult for me now, unless someone got a good idea, mail it to my email address.

To Everyone Out There!
Don't trust anyone so easily. I'm a victim, I know.

I'm sorry for what happened to you..
If you really have the receipts, imo u still can go lodge a police report..
Nowadays there's a lot of scammers here..
hope moderators can help him (if possible in anyway)
I wonder also if got a lot of ppl kana scammed by her alrd, her online ads is everywhere one lei..

Usu for piano lessons, dun pay before having first 1 or 2 lessons, teacher would understand if u pay only on the 2nd or 3rd lesson. (most will pay on the first lessons itself though)
you can discuss also whether to take exams after having 1st lesson.
I hope this incident didnt discourage u in learning music..
Cheers

pls file a police report if u deem right

pls file a report if u deem right. There's no reason why i should entertain u.
I've had high fever of 39.5 which i onli missed one lesson, previously u didnt had lessons yrself because u were having o levels. So pls proceed with a legal claim if u deem right. I do not wish to entertain you. I have had explained to you that i had mc for that week, and now, i have people calling into my phone to probe on behalf on you. If you think u r right, just do as u deem fit.

?

and which sms did i reply to u that i have scammed you?
I run a legal business for a service that i can and is still offering. I only missed one lesson, in which i tried my best to reschedule for u. Stop making all these allegations based on your side of the story, if you think a legal claim is at best for u, pls proceed. and didnt i tell you that?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back