Intro: l0stwhispers

l0stwhispers

Hey there! I'm Evelyn. Signed up to this site at the start of last year but kind of... forgot about it (please don't shoot).

I'm currently studying Psychology and Criminology at University of Melbourne and enjoying the music scene here. Avid gigger (at LEAST 1 gig a week, the only exception being the exam period aka now). I'm into post-rock, quite a few types of metal, rock. I'm pretty open-minded though. =)

A couple of my favourite international acts: Dream Theater, Porcupine Tree, Sigur Ros, Muse, Opeth (all of which I've seen live, go Australia!)

A couple of my favourite local Australian acts: sleepmakeswaves, Karnivool, Rook, Be'lakor, Eleventh He Reaches London

I'm currently a keyboardist in a prog metal band, Circadian Pulse, but we haven't recorded anything proper yet. I've also started a little side solo project, Recycled Dreams which will hopefully turn into something, more ambience/experimental stuff.

http://www.myspace.com/recycleddreams
http://www.myspace.com/circadianpulse (only got a demo without singing and proper drums up)

I'll be heading back to Singapore in December for a month, so hopefully I'll be able to learn more about the scene from Soft. =) Cheers!

Ev

Last edited:
haha! Yea look around the Singaporean scene, you'd probably appreciate the Australian scene better! Cya in a month!

welcome, i love the australian music scene! with bands like Laura, because of ghosts, teenagers in tokyo, it's so fcking great to be alive, dirty three, etc...

wyldeboon: OMG WAT! Lol! Damn! Haha. And yea! W00ts! Karnie! Going to have to miss them at Pyramid Rock Festival. And I reckon the next time they'll be playing is when they've got their album out which doesn't look like it's going to be anytime soon. Ugh!

dir: Yes! Seen Because of Ghosts and Laura and I'll be seeing Dirty Three at All Tomorrow's Parties festival in January! Can't wait! Haha. :D

Regarding Recycled Dreams:
Nice subtle ominous feel to the sound..
I felt that the intro of the first song was Muse like.. Plus a bit of a helloween plus olden times kinda tunes? o_O

And welcome!

Thanks for the welcome, mus and Godspeed! :D

Hm, didn't really think of it as Muse, but hey, I could've somehow been thinking of it subconsciously when I was composing it! I <3 Muse. Haha. I haven't heard Helloween though. Probably should... -shifty eyes-

Ooooh! Lol! Yea, wanted it to be somewhat sinister and creepy. I'll be doing more work on the songs after my exams are done, maybe make them sound a little more... complete. Haha. :)

Back