Intro: Forpyned

forpyned

Hey ppl, been lurking ard in soft for quite some time now..heh, i think its time i introduce myself lah..My name is Rul, some ppl call me Bob..heh..dnt know why..i've been a guitarist for 12yrs...but now im a full bass whore..yeah thats right, i gave up guitar to play bass..and what a transition it has been! But then again..i did play bass when i was 13..but decided to play guitar as i wanted to become satriani..12 yrs on..hehe..still cant play Cool No. 9 without ruining the song..so one day..while twiddling with my guitar...i received a divine call...to play bass..again..so i answered..and here i am..playing bass..for..NOW OPEN...that was a yr ago..

i had intensive training by no less than three top bassplayers in Singapore and Phillipines..i was fortunate to have known them..its my honour to have them impart their skills and knowledge..to Mr Matnoh of SG, Mr Phillippe and Sifu Jacky from The Phillipines, thanks! thanks! Playing wise, im influenced by a number of ppl..namely Victor Wooten, Flea..and Marcus Miller..i own a couple of basses...but my main ones..are..The Stingrays. Killer. Top Notch. Other basses i own are..Fender precision deluxe(MIA), a 1978 Vintage Precision Fender(MIA), a Squier Fender Jazz(MIJ).

I also use various effects...the usual suspects are : EHX Metal Muff for my Overdrive, EMMA discumBOBulator for autowah, DIGITECH bass synth, SADOWSKY bass preamp, EHX Bassballs..and GT6B for my modulations. Too much stuff lah..well..theres more..but..hehe...i'll stop here lah..nice to knw u guys! CHeck out my band site at www.myspace.com/nowopentheband . Thx again! oohh..add me at msn forpyned@hotmail.com

heh, yea..hello..im still the main bass whore for now open...hehe..now just having side projects..rage against the machine stuff..yea yea

Back