INRI Studio invites you to be part of the FRVL project

THOA

The success of two previous projects by INRI Studio, [e'Tzaintes] and A Wicked Tale, has made it possible for a good foundation for us to embark on the most ambitious INRI Studio project to date, FRVL.

FRVL is the working title of the upcoming project by INRI Studio, re knowned for our-not-so-Singapore local films. It is a coming of age story about the need to belong, teen rebellion and a school system controlled by an elite fraternity.

What makes the FRVL project interesting is that its heavy utilization of music to bring the story forward. Thus special attention and preparation are needed to make the music of FRVL as potent and impactful as it could be, and yet complimenting the foundation of the story. Thus this film will feature a much publicized compilation soundtrack album and a tour as part of its promotional exercise. In essence, project FRVL is actually two projects in one: a film as well as a music album.

It is not a musical film, but it is a film driven by music. Thus we are now opening an opportunity to work with you on achieving this.

We are looking for:

1) Bands with ORIGINAL compositions.

2) Individuals (guitarists, bassists, vocalists, keyboardists, djs etc) who are keen on working on a collaborative term on some English tracks produced by The House of Anonymous and INRI Studio.

3) Individuals who are keen on being in a project band for the film (Refer to: http://soft.com.sg/forum/musicians-bands-wanted/84646-looking-form-project-band-feature-film.html)

4) Actors or actresses with experience in theatre and screen.

PLEASE NOTE

1) This project is open to all genres (metal, indie, hip hop, classical).

2) It is the song that matters, NOT the band or individual. We believe that music sets the pace and mood for the film, so previous accolades and achievements mean nothing to us.

Eg: Between a newly formed band who have managed to compose a song that fits a scene or a character like a glove, and another band who won countless competitions, performed in many gigs, with 2-3 albums out, and alot of great tracks but none than fits, we will choose the newly formed band.

Yes, this what makes the selection of bands all the more challenging. And yes, we are THAT particular.

3) This film is in English. We are aiming for an international distribution via film festivals overseas as well as a mass local release in the theaters. Hence, we are looking at English tracks.

4) Since this Singapore project made by Singaporeans has a not-so-Singapore context, the subjects and themes touches on issues have a universal message. Thus we are looking for songs that can relate to individuals globally. Hence, having local references in your song, although patriotic, won't give you extra points. :p

5) It's all good to claim that your songs fit the movie, but if you don't have a recording we can't take your word for it. So a recording of your songs would be a MUST.

Quality, however, is not an issue. It can be just a video recording, or something on a mobile phone. Doesn't matter, as long as we can LISTEN to the song or your voice or your playing.

6) Actors/Actresses who are interested to be apart of this project, can also submit a resume that includes your theater and screen experiences. Please also submit a good photo of yourself. If you have a show reel, it would be a plus as well.

HOW TO PARTICIPATE

Please email your pictures, profile and contact number to <inriaudition@gmail.com>
In subject head, indicate ...... [SOFT][role auditioned for eg. LAER]

You’ll be notified by phone to come down for an audition.
Questions may be mailed to Alethea <alethea@filmmallone.com>.
Or log on to www.inristudio.com/audition

To know more about INRI Studio, please visit http://www.inristudio.com

Last edited:
It is the acronym for the film's title. However, I am under strict order not to reveal it just yet. :)

emailed with my band's info and songs. I can do photography if you'd like too.

cheers
James

Does actor really need experience?

It is not necessary, but it would be a BIG help, man. Or some background in acting would be cool as well. The kind of roles we are looking at, especially the main characters are extremely complex. They are not your typical HDB dwellers. In fact, isn't even typically Singaporean.

Thank you all for the submissions. I will get back to your emails as soon as I get some time off from my work this Thursday :)

Keep em coming!

It is not necessary, but it would be a BIG help, man. Or some background in acting would be cool as well. The kind of roles we are looking at, especially the main characters are extremely complex. They are not your typical HDB dwellers. In fact, isn't even typically Singaporean.

Well, I was a literature student and I aren't a typical Singaporean, to be honest. :D

empihsrow - sweet, bro. keep alook out for updates yeah? :D

boon - hahaha hardcore bro. lu confirm punya la.

I'm not much of an actor, but I could help on the production side.. Kinda experienced in filming.. But got A's now.. T_T

If you need someone to become crook, gangster, bomoh, medicine man, etc....I can be one. Hehehehe!! I got acting experience...but always becoming the bad guy.

If you need someone to become crook, gangster, bomoh, medicine man, etc....I can be one. Hehehehe!! I got acting experience...but always becoming the bad guy.

Hahaha! Of all roles sia...

Sorry bro, no such part in this movie. But if can find something for you, will let you know. :)

Back