If you're not into Cream, why the hell not?

vernplum

God I love Cream.

Well, actually, Clapton during the Cream period. Actually, their studio stuff is kind of sucky, but live videos and recordings of them are amazing. Like the classic rendition of Crossroads - the hardest blues-rock you'll ever hear. Unfortunately, once Eric left, that was the end of that aggressive guitar sound period for him...

Dum dum dum dum dum du dum dum.
I've been waiting so long, for the sunshine of your love... :lol:

That's the only song I know.

omg. everyone should go grab a copy of "the best of cream" if they haven't heard of them. eric clapton, jack bruce and ginger baker were on drugs that day they played crossroads live.

also - the live version of "sunshine of your love" - jack bruce shows how to p4wn the bass. :D

vernplum said:
God I love Cream....

Nice to found some compadres. :) I don't think the studio stuff is sucky, it's just different from the digital sound we are accustomed to nowadays. Different strokes for different people I guess. And Eric didn't left either, the three of them agreed to disband before the Farewell album. Disband, what a word. :(

alamsemu said:
And Eric didn't left either, the three of them agreed to disband before the Farewell album. Disband, what a word. :(

Yeah - you're right - 3 way split, not him leaving.

I don't like the studio stuff. I have the 'Best of' compilation. It just doesn't capture their real energy - it's like a different band. To me, they were about 25 minute solos and that doesn't happen on their album cuts. :)

Vaiyen said:
sometimes their lengthy improvs get too tiresome.

Clapton recently admitted that their lengthy improvs was due to the fact that they were high on drugs and didnt know which part or which song they are playing, so they just improv.

Back