Ibanez Price

SA160:
SA160BK.jpg

GSA60:
GSA60BT.jpg

I'm sure it's a GSA60 cos I can't find a SA160 in the same colour as the one I saw. And look at the top of the neck, the one at Sweelee had Ibanez G10 printed ontop, therefore I'm sure it's a GSA 60

both the GSA60 & SA160 are currently available @ swee lee, so if youa are interested, they can both be auditioned.

Mjollnir: if you are gonna pit the SA160 against the BC Rich Boris (Beast), then in terms of tonal versatility, the Ibanez is one up. it features single coils so you can easily obtain both humbucking & single coil tones from a single guitar. however, if you made up your mind on the Boris instead, the high output humbuckers in there (notably the bridge unit) are very impressive.

we are a little unfortunate here because our dealer has yet to bring in the SA160 ash version which has debuted everywhere else... this one's on my priority list as well... 8O

SA160AHTFB.jpg

I didn't see the SA160, must take a look on my next trip.

The ash version looks cool! :D

One thing, how is the the SA160 better or worst than the GSA60?

it's really not about one outperforming the other, it's about accepting the guitar's inherent feature & going with the one you prefer.

the GSA model, if you've tried one, has a more rounder, fatter neck. the SA160 on the other hand, has a slimmer, flatter neck, very similar to the RG's Wizard profile.

i urge anyone planning to buy either model to pick them up & play. many are of the opinion that flatter, thinner neck are faster but that's not true...

the SA160 is hung up together with the rest of the Ibanez models at the corner display wall, towards the Artcore models NOT with the G-sereis Ibanez

sry, you didn't get what I mean. I'm not talking about outperforming.

What are the pros and cons of the GSA and SA, how do they compare?

i dunno sub i kinda want the torchy one its got a single coil wit single BDSM so i think torchy wud be better so gonna get it! ;)

wow...the ash version looks cool..esp. the body..but i don't really like the head..yeah... my friend got the GSA, and he found it to be a decent entry level, like what's mentioned before, but if you have the capacity to wait & save, he told me that it is better to get a better guitar...which would cost more, of course...yupz...

now that i've understood your rephrased question, my reply isn't too different: the GSA's strength isn't the SA's weakness, vice-versa. it's your preference, after trying them out, that matters

but one thing is clear, the GSA is an offering from the entry level Indonesian Gio series, while the SA is a persistent proof of how good koreans guitars are these days.

I advise u to get the sa series 120 or 160..

My friend bought the sa120 and the playability is 10/10!!!
the clean sound was also very sweet...

dun get GIo.. i think its sux.. IMO :roll:

Back