Ibanez guitars...

Hi guys...im new to this forum...maybe some of you might know me...anyway..might want to get myself an ibanez...H-S-H config as usual...but looking at some EMGs...basically some of hard rock to metal..
what are some good combos...thanks..

Well, I think something along the lines of 60-SA-85... because I don't like the 81. :p
Anyway, welcome Charles! :wink:

kekekekeke....i also had rg370dx...still got problem about setting up single effects...maybe i must buy a multy effect...anyone got any ideas about the good stuff !!!???

ooi u share the same name as me and possibly the same taste :twisted: i like my rg2120X...doesnt look too evil or rock-ish because of the wood and the finish.

stepping up on stage with that guitar carries its own expectations...the player gotta be pretty stunning. not any tom, dick and harry can carry it off I think.

Dual 85s :D

Add in the EMG Pi for out of phase versatility, DMSK for split coil tones, and an EXG to scoop the mids out if you dig those sorta tones :twisted:

EDR470- floating vibrato version (Edge Pro II)
edr470exmwf-2004.jpg

EDR170- non-floating vibrato version (SAT bridge unit)
EDR170EXMW-2004.jpg

hey bro, welcome aboard 8)

Ibanez has a guitar range which offers active pickups, co-designed with EMG- the EDR series. these guitars have been discontinued WEF 2004, but i do see them still in store, if you are keen. it's a 'proper' guitar to acquire if you are into active electronics as there is a dedicated battery compartment in the body cavity.

the EDR is Ibanez's attempt to re-live the discontinued Radius model, one of which became Joe Satriani's signature model.

Ibanez 540R
bo1.jpg

Most of the time people just put the battery in foam and dump it in the control cavity of the guitar. If there isn't space, then some people route wood out for the battery, but where that goes is dependant on personal preference :D

charlestheguitarist said:
Hi guys...im new to this forum...maybe some of you might know me...anyway..might want to get myself an ibanez...H-S-H config as usual...but looking at some EMGs...basically some of hard rock to metal..
what are some good combos...thanks..

I would suggest u get some RG series axes to try out.. pickups can be upgraded.. they got good H-S-H config as well as body materials..

Back