IBANEZ: Discontinued models for 2005...

subversion

friends, these are the Ibanez discontinued models for 2005 (guitars)...

RG450/ 470
RG450LTDDAB-00-05.jpg

the grestest loss of all. however, there are about 5 units left here, in white/ wine red finish only. i have absolute praise for this guitar as it took over from the RG5XX series as top of the line RG in 2003/ 2004. a hard case comes in the price package- absolutely worth it... (List: $1,350)

RG1550
RG1550BK-00-05.jpg

another tragedy. with the demise of the 1550, there are no more maple fretboard RGs to be acquired. lucky i got mine... 8)

JEM-Jr
JEM-JRWH-1M-01.jpg

yea, we'll all look for u the next time we need stuff at swee lee....lucky i got my rg450mmh. really happy with it.

nah- i'd rather own a guitar shop than work for someone else... :roll: i'm sharing these info in the hope that we don't get duped when we go shopping next time... also, certain Ibanez info are just released today, thought of sharing...

dric: good to know there are people who appreciate the RG450/ 470...

y dun u open a guitar shop eh, n studio along wif it? erm, im still young n not really sure how difficult it is, but just a suggestion. yea my 450 is my favourite among all my axes. never gona part wif it. btw, i dun suppose swee lee brings in any j-custom models do ya?

yeah RG 1550 is a really nice guitar.

I tried it at swee lee and almost buy it. But I saw another higher model and got a good deal. But just wondering why sale person at sweelee told me RG 1550 does not include hard case at that time.
JEM JR is not worth for missing anyway in my opinion.

Hey subversion, if you are from Swee Lee, do you know how many of RG 2820 imported here?

Thanks

some discontinued bass models:

SRX700
SRX700NT-1M-01.jpg

another fine bass struck off the catalogues. the SRX700 was Korean in 2003. last year, it went one-up by being Japanese. however, this year saw its demise... IMO it's a fine model because it's one of the most affordable neck-thru design & it has ash body wings. i did try the korean version & it has a very impressive midrange definition.

upon closer inspection, you'd see that the SRX700 is not entirely wiped off, in fact, it's now in the guise of the signature Doug Wimbish model, which retains the neck-thru construction.

SR3000ESOL
SR3000ESOL-00-01.jpg

the Prestige 3000 series in its 5/ 6-string incarnations are also struck off the list. superseding these models are the SR1000/ 1005/ 1006 respectively. these are now neck-thru design which is definitely a respectable change but, efforts weren't made by the manufacturer to mask the neck thru/ body flaps joints. this is the main dislike among the SR fans who'd appreciate a cosmetic masking in addition to other upgrades.

BTB1005/ 6
BTB1005EOL-00-01.jpg

BTB1006EOL-00-01.jpg

the upper end BTB models get the same treatment as the SRs- this year's manifestations are neck-thru units... (BTB1205/ 6)

xklusivly4u said:
Hey subversion, if you are from Swee Lee, do you know how many of RG 2820 imported here?

Thanks

nope... i'm not working for that shop... some of the people there are nice to me, that's about it. it's a timely process. if you are nice to others, over time, they'd get the cue. otherwise, they are no better than swines... :axe:

in fact, i do link them to these hallowed SOFT pages so that they can read what i have to say (& what you have to say), not that what i say matters, but they do appreciate people putting up some frank/ unbiased opinions about their products.

subversion said:
nah- i'd rather own a guitar shop than work for someone else......

Hey....wanna come down and chat wif me somedays. Maybe we can brainstorm abit, may be possible to work together someday.

SRX 700

Hi,
I'm new here and this is my 1st post.
Actually I'm getting the discontinued Korean made ibanez RX770 bass guitar from swee lee, may i know what bass amp (under $500) goes nicely with it ? matching cable ? and where can i get those things .

Thanks.

subversion said:
RG1550
RG1550BK-00-05.jpg

another tragedy. with the demise of the 1550, there are no more maple fretboard RGs to be acquired. lucky i got mine... 8)

Thank the Lord I got my RG1550!!!! Wooooooooo!!!!

But this is sad news indeed. And no JEM Jr. Thats about the only JEM I probably will ever be able to afford. Oh well. Hope they come up with a decent replacement.

And no JEM Jr. Thats about the only JEM I probably will ever be able to afford. Oh well. Hope they come up with a decent replacement.

When they do, IF they do, I hope they do away with that shit-assed Lo Trs. Sometimes trems like these really deter you from even the nice guitars. :evil:

pooo said:
And no JEM Jr. Thats about the only JEM I probably will ever be able to afford. Oh well. Hope they come up with a decent replacement.

When they do, IF they do, I hope they do away with that shit-assed Lo Trs. Sometimes trems like these really deter you from even the nice guitars. :evil:

Lo TRS was a JOKE. Still IS a JOKE. =x

Edge Pro, Original Floyd Rose, and most importantly... HARDTAILS, forever!!!!!

Thats just me. =/

Back