I got cheated, i have nothing left. :'(

BC_

Name of Seller : JEFF
NAME OF SOFT: Jackoli
Number : 92***817

Hey guys im really down and i dont know what to do. I just got cheated few days ago. Heres the story. Im sorry for the long long post but i really have to tell this details so that u know the real idea. Bare with me.

I saw an ad about someone wanted to trade his Beats pro detox and beats studio for a guitar decent enough for just practising. He wanted to sell em at $290 & $200 respectively. So i thought why not trade the pro detox with my swing acoustic?Since he dont really mind the value and just want a decent guitar. Anyway i contacted him and ask if he wanted a trade and he said yes. He said the detox is original. He said he only used the beats for 1 month and still got 11 month warranty. And he ask me if i could top up cus his beats is more expensive and all. So then he asked what guitar i had and i told him i got an acoustic and electric which is a Swing 120te and Prism al di meola replica. I told him its a REPLICA. So he said he can trade his studio and detox with my prism replica. I thought it was a really damn good deal so i said okay.

To cut the story short we dealed (though before we had abit of debating like he want to trade his detox only with my prism ). We met like 12+ am ? He came to my place with a taxi and like hurriedly ask me if i could come down and the testing of the headphones was damn fast. Cus he said his taxi cant wait any longer. He came with detox WITHOUT warranty, WITHOUT complete accessories. AND IT WASNT EVEN THE PRO DETOX, IT WAS SOME DR ZED ONES AND CONDITION WAS REALLY BAD FOR A MONTH OLD. I told him im scared its fake and he tried to convince me trying to say he will pass me the detox warranty and reciept by the next day.

Before the deal he said :

Beats Pro Detox with 11 month warranty complete with accessories. Got it from a lucky draw. He said he will show the warranty on the spot. ( He didnt give at all, and it wasnt a detox, it was a DR ZED)

Beats Studio with 10 month warranty and complete accessories.

After really listening, doing ALOT of research online i got to know that the Dr Zed was a total fake. Its not in dr dre website, and the build quality is really really poor for a $999 headphones. Sounds really bad.
I decided to msg him and he say he sent the warranties and accessories through post. Waited until today and i only got the accessories but there is no warranty for detox. He now then tell me that THE DR ZED WAS GIVEN FROM A FRIEND WHO SAID IT WAS ORIGINAL AND HAVE NO WARRANTY. BUT EARLIER HE SAID HE GOT IT FROM A LUCKY DRAW WHEN BUYING AN IPAD WITH 11 MONTH WARRANTY. He told me this ORIGINAL detox is still with him and he gave me this fake headphones. I was like what the heck man?! Really inconsiderate and i swear this is one of the worst guy i ever dealt with. Asked him to trade the original back with the fakes to make things right and he asked me to F*** OFF !

Conclusion
Him being in the wrong, didnt wanna settle this matter with me and yet still ask me to F*** OFF.
I got scammed with a fake headphone and guess what? He alr sold my prs prism replica to some other guy just the day after for $650. I saw the ad and he said his cousin gave him the prs to sell?? But it was all lie ! He got it from me, i am no cousin to him, in fact i was cheated by him. I dont even know how to sell this fakes, i dont think ppl will buy at all since its all used up too. In the end im in so much lost !

Im only a student and i got the guitar from a softie whch was expecting $999 for the guitar.
I really dont know what to do now and i have nothing left. I feel so disheartened. I hope u guys could help. :(
Can this be reported?
Thanks for looking up on this.

Last edited:
Thanks bro. Looking at his other posts, he is only trying to get as much profit as possible. Like his baby taylor he is selling at more than original price, and faking the prs prism to be his cousin's. Some guy he is yea. Sigh...

It will always be troublesome when you make a police report. Hope things will clear up soon. You might not be able to get your guitar back considering he already sold it to someone else.

Remember, always check the items you buy or trade for its authenticity. Do your homework at home and know the differences between the replicas and authentic pieces. Things like Beats and all that, some can look so real its near impossible to tell the difference. At most, sell your guitar and then purchase the earphones from an authorised retailer. Never ever rush when you're dealing something. Check everything first before paying/trading. If he is in a rush, tell him to deal another day. If he didn't show up with the full package, deal another day too. It's the same as someone showing up with a guitar case and tells you he forgot to bring the guitar and will bring it to you the next day and he expects you to pay for the guitar first. It doesn't make sense right? Don't trust anyone so readily online. It's never safe unless you've met him/her before and know them personally.

Yet, another reason why I suggested for this -> http://www.soft.com.sg/forum/showth...or-the-Buy-Sell-section?p=1161137#post1161137

Keep all information, details, exchanges of sms/emails/PMs of your trade with jackoli!

Hi bro thanks for your time, Really appreciate it. Its not gonna clear up. He refuse to settle it and he says he dont care if he get banned cus he is not going to use soft anymore. Hes running away like a coward and a chicken. I guess i cant do anything already but learn my lesson. He is only wanting a profit. After being in the wrong he still got the guts to ask me to keep the fake headphones, and trade my swing acoustic with his detox. Which cost me more losses than actually clearing things up.

My suggestion is report to the police with evidence. No point arguing with this fellow since he already asked you to "FO"

Woooo if it was me, forget one thing, you go home and get it. change in deal last min, no go.

U saw it wasn't even the same thing. Should have called it off then.

It's something bad, please learn from it, bro.

Okay.... I'm gonna say this as a neutral party.

Earlier today, he gave away a pair of Rokit 5 Monitor, whom god-knows if its true or not, though I tried my luck with him.
http://soft.com.sg/forum/showthread.php/219035-Giveaway-A-pair-of-Rokit-Monitors

However, a few days ago...
http://soft.com.sg/forum/showthread.php/218527-WTS-Drum-Books-Cheap-20-for-all-these.
I wanted the physical copies.
He replied me saying the books are heavy and expensive and offered to sell me a disc with all the books scanned in PDF instead.
Though I'm pretty sure the above is illegal (copyright infringement), I dowanna go through the trouble of a police report.
Not sure if he did sell it to anyone yet. I just take it that he thought I'm some weak dude who can't carry those books home.

@TS: (Ugh crap, just realised Namrehs said everything but whatever)
When you buy anything, especially expensive stuff, please please please do your research well before making the purchase.
75% of the responsibility is you, you only got yourself to blame for being the nice guy.
If he shows you the wrong item, don't need give face, call it off. Its his mistake, he pay for it, not you.

Also, I have done before one deal that the seller says "oh I'll pass you so-and-so item when I'm free/got it back", its already a year and he never got back to me.

Take it as a lesson, on the spot, everything as negotiated/debated, receipt and everything. One missing, call it off. Who cares his taxi can wait or not, its his problem that he wants to deal so late and took a taxi down.

You, as a buyer, should have the rights to call the deal off or take your time to check the goods because he's not going to give a damn whether you eat,paint,destroy,burn, etcetc. the sold item.

Last edited:
Im sure the police might be able to help you if you have enough details of him. His phone number might come in handy if the service provider can give his information to the police or something like that. That way, I doubt he can escape. Looking at the way he handles and sells stuff, I think he probably might have also conned some other poor fellows too.

Like what Schtauffen said, it's also partially your fault when you agreed on the trade. Oh well. I really feel for you.

Hope the police will be able to help you clear this up.

Hope TS can get back either the geetar or money. If can trace who buy the geetar, lagi best, report to police as buying of fraud case item. Hehe..

Anyway, to TS, if you can managed to make the report, you might want to get in touch with the admin of the forum here, seek their assistance to see if can help in anyway to trace the fella via ip address or contact details when signing up here.

Even though the chances could be pretty slim, imho, just do what you can, legally, to locate the person. Google for his email address, look for his facebook account etc.

In another local forum, fraud cases victim managed to trace those fellas who run road with their money via facebook, email address etc. Heres an example, http://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/showthread.php?t=3408451

I think it is better to trace that guy.
Report to the police.
You could suspect that guy doing illegal second hand trading.
You need an license to do trading for second hand items.
If that guy that keep repeating to sell fake or second hand stuff, he should bought to justice.

I feel for you bro. I kena something like this before, thank god the guy willing to trade back, not as asshole as jackoli. Looks like we got another guy to blacklist yeah?

Also, I'd buy my headphones at stores, firstly due to hygene purposes and also because of scams like these.

TS, so sorry what happened to you. Be extra careful in future because there are allotta unscrupulous ppl out there.

I don't meant to be a police or some sort of but I found this jackoli guy dodgy from his sales post. Everytime he got exposed by other softies regarding his "weird" pricing, he would get all defensive and claimed that he sold the items etc.

http://www.soft.com.sg/forum/showthread.php/219035-Giveaway-A-pair-of-Rokit-Monitors

whoz...now i even got named.

Now i'm getting paranoid to deal with people on the buy/sell forum especially with those newly created accounts.

Last edited:
Hi guys i really appreciate that u guys support and giving me suggestions, i actually felt better by expressing my feelings here. I really cant do anything and i dont wanna create a big mess once i sound the police. But PLEASE everyone here do your part, if he does want to sell other items or u notice his number dont bother buying anything from him. Really this guy is something, i got scammed for another guitar before but the guy kindly sort it out which i really respect. Anyway He has another clone account as well, mookukumalu. He is i think only 19 or 20 ? Looks around that age i guess. And he looks like Ah Beng from kopitiam cus he came with singlet and shorts. Look also like one and yet still say he is a well respected musician who plays in clubs and have owned taylor 414 and craps and ask me if i can even afford the beats he sold me. I was like so outrageous.. Sigh..

He made it a point to write his phone no. in alphanumeric and spacing in variations so as to trick people when googling his number.

Back