I got cheated, i have nothing left. :'(

BC_:
You should not judge a book by its cover, him selling to you in that outfit and that look doesn't mean he may not be a respectable person
I make my deals in that kind of outfit before, mainly 'cause I'm driving my dad's car from home.
Just be careful next time if you don't wanna sound off to the police.
And please ah, seller challenge you got money or not, it depends if you did negotiate for a lower price. Same thing should you be the seller instead and the buyer challenges you back.

hi bro, its not judging people from its cover but the way he looked and the way he talk speaks a thousand things. He like talking craps when he dealing me. I asked him who is Dr Zed and ask him why he didnt tell me about it and he say "I think he is Dr dre close friend, aiya i also dont know la. I got the warranty. Dont worry i go home and find. Dont kow where i put. Tomorrow i meet pass to u." So out of trust, putting aside the way he talked i believed him. And really bro i didnt negotiate, he was the one who keep changing his mind like from trading the PRS with a Detox and Studio, he want to trade Detox one for one for my guitar. He say next time i just pay $100 and he will sell me his Taylor 414ce. I stood firm and neglect the offer and he said he was sorry and will go on with the original deal. Lucky i didnt trade one for one or it became worst. Maybe he challenged me cus im a student. Im only a student and he may think i could not afford even a Fake, thats an insult to me.

he say "I think he is Dr dre close friend, aiya i also dont know la. I got the warranty. Dont worry i go home and find. Dont kow where i put. Tomorrow i meet pass to u."

i cant believe u fell for this.

don't trust anyone. that is the golden rule. every time I forget to do so, I end up getting faulty items.

I think I'm just plain unlucky as both a buyer and a seller. even till today, I do make mistakes on certain deals I make.

being Singaporean, I think it's in our blood to be complacent. I mean, we can leave our main doors open thinking no one is going to rob us. maybe it's just me taking our low crime rate for granted.

Anyway, heres the summary of my account with him. Hope people can learn from this.

I remembered i asked this Jackoli where did he buy the PRS from. SG should not have stock if im not wrong, and impossibly so cheap (i didnt know copy = replica then). He claimed he got it from a dealer or something, quite popular in the forums called Eric. Being the noob, i ask for his nick in the forums to research more. Then he changed topic. Hint #1 for me.

Then i search for that particular PRS model in the forum. Saw another user selling this exact rainbow PRS, with the EXACT pickups changed. Hint #2. Might be a 3rd or 4th hand already???

I concluded best to avoid this deal. Anyway its my nature to be skeptical. Ask the laojiao here, am i being too careful or not careful enough? Also, the Eric person is real anot??

IMO, if you're a complete beginner or newbie buying a guitar (or amp/pedal), it's better to to buy it NEW from a reputable shop. And make sure your purchase at least has a warranty period that the retailer must honour. So unless you already know your stuff and what you're buying, this will save you lots of trouble later on if things turn bad.

Anyway, even if you're an experienced buyer, there are still some risks when buying online or from anybody you don't know.

My suggestion is report to the police with evidence. No point arguing with this fellow since he already asked you to "FO"

yo try to get his photo, address, hp number, email, & his work place address, facebook page: if u can trace it put it here everybody will know what a loser this guy is.... post in in ALL forums & publish this f@@ker's face everywhere for every1 to see!! haha :D

I might have some details of the seller if you need.. PM me.

Can't confirm if the details are authentic, but its worth a try for TS if necessary

Try to get the seller's information. I think it would be beneficial to all softies if we could have a blacklist / banned members list ( I think there is ,internally) of those unscrupulous dealers. I don't know about now but in the past, SOFT (or other forums for the matter) used to have this + REP thingy. I guess it just died down over the years.

oh gosh u just got own3d. word of the day, if the deal is too good to be true, its prolly is. and dun fret, not happy canceled it and ask him to bugger off and camp for another seller or buyer or whatever.

i cancel deals, etc..etc.. cos i am not happy b4. call me an asshole but yeah. save me $$$ and the hassle.

Hi fellow softies, i suggest, to prevent more people from being scammed, we should take down the number of the scammers and save it as a contact in phones, so that in the future, even if the softy decides to make a new account, and advertises for a cheap item which you may be tricked into buying, when u want to call or sms the softie, you will realise that the softie is the scammer.
This is one way imo which may prevent more of us softies from getting scammed!

My advice to buyers and sellers is to do some research. Lordie is right, if something is too good to be true, something's not right. Don't worry, treat it as a bad experience and you're getting mugged with the SPF not doing anything about it. Move on with your life and take this experience as a valuable lesson so you know what to look out for next time. Always tell yourself, "there will never be a next time".

My advice for you as a buyer are to:
1. Research on product. Dr Dre's headphones are known to have many fake copies going for $299 with crappy sounds
2. Ask for extensive information from the seller. If he can't provide you details, he had better, otherwise cut short the deal and tell him you are not interested. If someone ends up buying it, you're only protecting yourself. If someone bought and complained it is fake, you just saved yourself
3. If the other person forgets to bring something on the day of dealing, don't deal. It is only understandable that you want 100% of what you paid for and not half crapped product. If seller is not honest and etc, threatens you and etc, threaten him back in a civilised manner. "Sir, if you do not calm down and listen to my explanation, and stop your threats, I will not hesitate to call the cops". Even better if you bring a friend on the day of dealing, so at least someone can cover your butt. Make sure that friend is a good friend otherwise he may run away when there's trouble
4. Ask other users if the seller is honest by checking their past deals, it's only fair to ensure the HDB flat isn't haunted and no one died there before. Researching on the seller is not a crime, but stalking is

Hey threadstarter, I feel for you! sigh. I believe in karma!

He sounds like a small boy leh. I mean the scammer sounds like a little boy. Let me see if I can dig up anything about him!

Back