How to do this??? Please help.

MHD

Hey!

well, im play the guitar, but im not a pro. i cant shred. my fastest solo is only from the song Hearts Burst Into Fire by Bullet For My Valentine (intro solo)

and i play the triplets part on 1 string.

i really want to learn this type of solo-ing.

|-10-10-------10-10-13-15-13-10----10-15-13-10----10-15-13-10----10-15-13-10-----------------------------------------------------------------|
|-------13-13--------------------13--------------13--------------13--------------13-10-------10-10-15-13-10----10-15p10----10-15p10----10-15p10--|
|----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------13-13----------------13-----------13----------13-----------|
|--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
|--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

my guitar teach teaches more on chords. not really solos as he is more to a acoustic type of person. so i would want to learn this myself

but the problem is:
my fingers can shift fast from one string to another, but my picking cant.

is there any tips/help/video/info that can help me improve in this?

the tabs is from ultimate-guitar from the song Farewell Ballad by Zakk Wylde.

i will greatly appreciate every single reply to this thread.

Thanks!

start SLOOOOOOWWWW......

since its from zakk wylde, you know what he said? repetition is the key!

just play that lick slowly and slowly, just make sure its right first

Hey! thanks for your replies!

But for the this:

|-10-10----------------|
|-------13-13----------|
|-----------------------|
|------------------------|

which one do i up-pick and which one do i down-pick?

do i alternate pick the first 2 and do the same for the other 2 on the other string?

Yes you can do what as you mentioned but then again there's no fixed way of doing it.

if I were to break it down to how I might do it, it would be down and up for the first 10/10, then up/down for the 13/13 on the B string.

I prefer economy of motion, hence.

But just do what ever feels the most natural to you.

Yes you can do what as you mentioned but then again there's no fixed way of doing it.

if I were to break it down to how I might do it, it would be down and up for the first 10/10, then up/down for the 13/13 on the B string.

I prefer economy of motion, hence.

But just do what ever feels the most natural to you.

Hey! Thanks!

i will try to do that first. Thanks!

I do alternate picking constantly, zakk does a lot of tremolo picking and especially alternate picking with pentatonic licks. So I'm guessing always down up down up down up and repeat

i'd do up, down, down, up. it can flow well because the down, down is in one motion from E to B. however, one's picking ultimately boils down to one's individual self. most people like repititions which is down, up, down, up throughout.

so you're sayin' that your pickin' hand isn't as fast? lol try to practise your sweeping many times a day. coordinate it well with your other hand. it doesn't matter if you're slow. what matters is you can shred at the end of the day. go slow and steady, using a metronum. don't try to run when you have problems even with crawling.

Last edited:
Back