how far can u stretch?

Mr_KeyboardMan said:
Same here ... wish could have longer finger ... but i guess it's normal for most people

eh... u can stretch from C to E, and you want longer fingers?!!
don't think you wanna stretch like ET's huh? 8O

Mr_KeyboardMan said:
some pianists can strech like C to G ... but then again their fingers are longer than most people ...

if i see a pianist stretch from C to G, i would probably keep very quiet ... :smt107

iansoh said:
wow.. wish i had your hands. i only stretch C to C comfortably, C to D will be very clumsy.

actually, i think it is also good to have a C to C span, because you hit your octaves more accurately, especially when you want to play the piece in octaves at certain passages.
i suppose the longer finger players don't need to use their thumb and pinkie doing this. wat do i know? i only have a C to C span la! :lol:

heh.. haha.. standard ay.. cool.. that means im not abnormal. wahaha.. im sry.. ah well.. stopped playing the piano for 3 years now..

C to F. But does it matter? I believe the longest I ever had to stretch is only from F to A flat in a piece. Oh, my left hand fingers can stretch further than my right.

duskalways said:
iansoh said:
wow.. wish i had your hands. i only stretch C to C comfortably, C to D will be very clumsy.

actually, i think it is also good to have a C to C span, because you hit your octaves more accurately, especially when you want to play the piece in octaves at certain passages.
i suppose the longer finger players don't need to use their thumb and pinkie doing this. wat do i know? i only have a C to C span la! :lol:

haha.. yeah.. that's true. octaves are a breeze for me cos i just need to stretch my maximum.

but that's very limiting too, especially when i want to play those nice chunky jazz chords, i have to spread them out between two hands and it limits what u could otherwise do with one more free hand

xxjerryxx said:
ay.. anyone uses the hannon book? for dexterity of fingerS?

I thought everybody will have to play Hannon at some point in time. Also there's Czerny. Brings back memories...

yea.. those sucked.. hannon.. some ppl wont use it.. well.. either one.. i saw the last few pages. anyone can play them? czerny or hannon.. cannont remember which one.. but i tink u need to play lits of octaves..

hehe if u can.. record and let me hear :D

xxjerryxx said:
ay.. anyone uses the hannon book? for dexterity of fingerS?

my teacher only taught me one peice from hannon and from then on i have been constantly playing that piece as my finger exercise warm up during my practice sessions....

i think that book is very useful in improving on ur finger techniques....

btw correct me if i'm wrong but did Frederic Chopin wrote the Hannon Book for his pupils 2 centuries ago???

Back