how do you imput your guitar sound into the computer

iewnuj

i want to record my playing into the com so i am wondering is dere any wire that can connect the electric guitar to the com

Some ways I can think of...Get those lightsnake cable, can directly connect your guitar through usb...or ...just connect your guitar to the "line in" of your soundcard, but need to get those jack adaptor.
1st option may produce better quality sound but 2nd is definitely much cheaper. Just in case if you dont know, you need a recording/mixer software for your computer too.

blueprintstudios said:
get line6 toneport ux1 / ux2.

one of the SOFTies i know has the toneport .. pretty neat machine. I heard his recording and it was not bad ... it was the cheapest model .. around 200++ ...

i think it will be easier to connect your guitar to your amp as usual, and connect cable from the "earphone" output from your amp to computer "line in" of your soundcard. it will prevent your signal to blast your computer.

i think it will be easier to connect your guitar to your amp as usual, and connect cable from the "earphone" output from your amp to computer "line in" of your soundcard. it will prevent your signal to blast your computer.

^ i smell trouble .... best is to get a simple mini mixer !!

actually, i am recording my guitar thru the monitoring output of the mixer. but i felt that unless you have a good mixer, else the signal output will not be exact as you hear from house speakers.
if you are using the earphone jack of your guitar amp, it should be exact to what you will be getting from the amplifier combo.[/quote]

the Stealthplug from IKmultimedia is cheap solutions now..USB protocol and you get licensed software like amplitube and amplitube live..and also tracktion multitracking software. for 99euro. can do bass also..

hi guys, i have a quest , if i am playing through a DI box...which is than connected to my mixer, do i still have to turn up the gain on my mixer till its near clipping to ensure a strong signal?

say if i am not playing through a DI box but through a behringer mic100 preamp?...how do i adjust the gain to ensure i get teh strongest signal?

May I humbly suggest a Line6 UX2 toneport for your needs. It's got level meters to guide you and it's got some good effects built-in. Do a search here at Soft for UX2 and you'll get more relevant info.

Cheers
RoRK

Back