how about a Traynor amp?

fibredrive

anyone ever played this? does sg have it? heard the sound clips. ultra sweet, with a very reasonable price tag. any feedback on these things? am thinking of this over a mesa..the traynor custom valve 40 2x12 seems affordable...

Traynor amps are for girls, btw.

Designed, built and marketed for girls in the same way as Daisy Rock guitars. :)

Hi fibre,

I own a Traynor YCV40WR and liked it alot though I do not have many experience with other amps. I got it thru a local yorkville distributor. For the price after freight, you can have quite a number of other amp options.

If you are planning to use the amp in your bedroom, I would suggest you get the 20 watts version or the Marshall 1974X reissue which is 18 watts.

Both of the amps are eye candy but I'm not sure about the pricing of the marshall.

The 20 watts Traynor wine red would cost around 900+. If you need any more details feel free to msg me. :wink:

lol! okie i have a girlie streak...oh man...but its really eye candy...
will check out the marshall too. but then, looks like i will be getting another amp from the US...yeah...so maybe will keep my eyes on the traynor if its cheaper over there.. thks for the input mate. cheers

Hi Muthy,

I don't bring in the amps, just got then thru a local distributor here.

You can check their website and look for the local distributor.

My guess for the price of that amp would be around 6-700 bucks.

This place supposedly has them, according to the site:-

Te Deum Engineering Pte , Ltd
45 Genting Lane #02-02 Genting Complex
Singapore, 349557
Singapore

Phone: (65)674-201-81
Fax: (65)674-916-81

Never heard of it, never been there, never even heard of a Genting Lane, let alone a Genting Complex in Singapore.

EDIT: AND THE WEBSITE OF THIS COMPANY IS HILARIOUS, I DON'T SEE HOW IT'LL SELL TRAYNOR AMPS

Last edited:
Te deum also does furman power conditioners if you're wondering.

And yes, their marketing/website/etc isn't anything to shout about. But they seem nice people over the phone.

Back