home recording

Уå†h™

Hey guys. i have a 24 channel mixer (not usb or firewire) right now i use about 8 channels, and i run them all into a zoom h4n and it comes out as a single track. But now i wanna record all 8 tracks individually into garage band (maybe logic pro in future), is there anyway to do it? Do i like plug each output into an audio interface? I'm using a BEHRINGER EURODESK SL2442FX-PRO mixer.

Thanks!

Well.....you need a usb or firewire audio interface with at least 8 inputs. Find one with more line in and less mic pre. From your mixer channel insert to the audio interface line in or mic pre. Do your mix inside the DAW. If you want some character of your mixer sound for your mix. Your interface should have 8 more output. From audio interface output to your mixer channel input. Your mixer main output to your audio inteface/zoom h4n to record your mix.

Last edited:
Motu 828mk3 got 8 TRS line in with 2 mic pres. You get 8 true line transfer from your mixer. Blueprintstudios mention two product that all input are mic pre. It still work if you don't really care about it. Depending on your works, most probably you just buy what Blueprintstudios comment, later on you will not wanna use your mixer(unless you really crazy about the analog sound in your mixer).

the presonus fp10/zoom r16/line6 ux8 preamps will definitely be better sounding than your behringer. I've been there in 2002 when I had behringer/alesis as preamps into my echo audio layla24. you're better off buying a new audio interface. the 8 TRS cables will cost hell load inefficiently for your purchase.

Back