Hollowbody Guitars

AsphaltMK

does anyone here own a hollowbody guitar? I suddenly have this wierd interest in hollowbody guitars.... but, i need opinions.... how do owners here find them?

they dont feedback like crazy. at least for the ones i tried. i love the echoy ambient effect the hollow body gives. On distortion it sounds damn bright and melow
listen to foo fighters - best of you, you'll get what i mean.

still hollow.. lol even if you play a full bodied hollow guitar its still cool!!!!!!!!! even cooler with f holes..

the 335 is semi hollow cuz the center part with the pickups is a solid block, the wings are the parts that are hollow.

Played my friends Tokai 335 copy, had a very nice airy tone very sweet and the quality is quite good.

They tend to feedback when u play with a quite a bit of gain bt still pretty cool tones.

I don't find hollowbody guitars good for playing hi gain rock stuff... reason being they don't keep as quiet as solidbodies. The feedback can be an issue if you have monitors on stage and you are going at hi volume/gain.

On the other hand, its always great to have their warm tones... for jazz esp.

ShredCow said:
I don't find hollowbody guitars good for playing hi gain rock stuff... reason being they don't keep as quiet as solidbodies. The feedback can be an issue if you have monitors on stage and you are going at hi volume/gain.

On the other hand, its always great to have their warm tones... for jazz esp.

You'll be surprised :D Reverend guitars are hollow bodies and there's no wood under the pickup. They're quiet and no feedback problems at all. Pity you didn't have a chance to try them out when you visited me.

sorry, hijack the thread (but hey, still relavant. it's hollow body :D )

How much is this roughly in S$ ?
flatroc_org_big.jpg

empty71 said:
You'll be surprised :D Reverend guitars are hollow bodies and there's no wood under the pickup. They're quiet and no feedback problems at all. Pity you didn't have a chance to try them out when you visited me.

Hahaha! Alright Malcom... :) I'll be seeing you soon I hope... this reverend guitars thing is pretty amazing eh? Will love to try them out. :)

ShredCow said:

But what's the purpose of doing high gain on hollow body in the first place?

If the intention is to play high gain, there's many other more suitable guitar out there. That's the reason hollow body guitars comes with low output pickups by default.

ciel21 said:
Played my friends Tokai 335 copy, had a very nice airy tone very sweet and the quality is quite good.

They tend to feedback when u play with a quite a bit of gain bt still pretty cool tones.

Where'd ur friend get it ??
i've been going to Davis hoping to see one for a long time already ~!
lol

dhalif said:
still hollow.. lol even if you play a full bodied hollow guitar its still cool!!!!!!!!! even cooler with f holes..

Yea... an es335 looks damn classic cool ~!
lol ~!

nebo my friend gt it 2nd hand from this guy. He was thinking of getting from ishbashi bt he found a local guy selling and bought it off him better that way i guess at least u can try it b4 u buy.

I have this thing abt not tryign the guitar before buying, you might not liek how it sounds or feel to you. Even 2 guitars of the same make and brand can feel different so buying online can be a hit miss kind of thing.

Latest posts

Back