Hi gain amps

why you guys bickering about the gain of the amp. no problem, just put a overdrive pedal like od2 or tube screamer on the front end, you can drive the pre stage as much as you can, till it breaks up like crap.

Work the amp baby.

ahaha. nobody is bickering abt the gain of the amp. well anyway thanks sub for the recommendation of de tripleX and chanmin for de recommendation of de 5150. will go down to swee lee tomorrow to test drive as many amps as i can with these 2 esp in mind.

btw the line of amps tt line6 produce are modelling amps?

But then, nobody bringing in ENGL IIRC. Downloaded quite some sound clips on HC forums. Impressive. It's 4 channel right? :D

My vote goes to Rivera (mabbe am a Rivera nut) see if u can get second hand deals ard in singapore. Theres several of em around. Good value for money, n yeah ull get fender n marshall tone in one..

The 'common' rivera in singapore is the twelve thirty, which is practically the entry level of their range.

The fender & marshall sound is subjective, cause the stock tubes are pretty gainy. You might need to replace that with EH gold types for gains closer to fender. But really still, it seems more to have it own kind of voicing IMO.

Nevertheless those few floating around the marketplace lately are pretty good deal. If you like the sound, the money is definately well spent.

Yupz, they have their own sound of course, the fender channel a bit more edgy than ur usual fender tone, which is nice for me, can get a drive blues tone easily without waking up ur neighbours. But the marshall channel seems a bit tame, needs like real volume to get the crunch but its still nice IMO, n for the price theyre selling its still a sweet deal. See if i can get a 1X12 cab to accompany it hehehe. N yeah a ZW OD to push the cranked 'marshall' channel closer to meltdown

ChanMin said:
http://www.megamacs.com/v1/index.php?action=view&pid=2553292

not really a high gain monster... but its sooo cute!!!

lol do you know if I can get that here? looks cool.

I wonder how much it'll cost. Looks like alot of fun, though. Especially in NS... buy some cheap TGM or something, bring that baby and it'll make NS alot easier to get through.

Praetorian said:
I wonder how much it'll cost. Looks like alot of fun, though. Especially in NS... buy some cheap TGM or something, bring that baby and it'll make NS alot easier to get through.

haha that jamplug thing... was tempted to buy it like last year.
it is available for S$60 if i'm not wrong

you can call david tan of davian technologies @ (drop me a PM and i'd send you his hp no., not nice to put people's hp up here for courtesy sake), they're the distributor here.

and btw the company that makes jamplug also makes jampod, it's a miniamp for your ipod (that's if you own one), you can jam along to back tracks or mp3s on your ipod 8) , S$50ish range

hope this helps cheers

Back