Hey guys!

epichouse

Don't know if i'm in the right forum. Aww well.. Anyway, I'm quite strange to drums, still a newbie at the meantime, but i'm damn friggin' interested in drums.

Okay, basically, I started my lil' drumming by playing this arcade game which is like drum notation falling down and stuffs. Yeah, and got my interest into it. Anyway, I guess I should just go straight into real drumming instead of fooling around.

Got a digital drum by casio and it is SHIT! I guess I really need an A drums as I have not really touch an A drum before. Thinking of getting this, http://soft.com.sg/forum/drums-buy-sell/113943-wts-carlos-drumset-begineers.html

Hey guys, I need your advice. Do you think it is good enough for me? Basically, I guess I will have to mute it too as I'm staying in an HDB. :)

Again, HELLO TO ALL!

HI!

Welcome to S.O.F.T bro!

So you're a drummer eh? Kinda surprised as most of the softies who join are mostly guitarists and the six stringed population here is kinda large so it's kinda rare to see a drummer suddenly join us. Well, I was formerly a drummer but the guitar's much more interesting instead. Still can drum and do a bit of double pedaling tho.

But of course, you are always welcome no matter what you play or listen =)

My cousin is a drummer but instead of an acoustic drum set his folks got him this steel frame with the drum pads and plastic cymbals attached to it. It comes with these real kick pedals for both the bass and hi-hat as well. It isn't a toy also so you might wanna try it out for practice.

Cheers ;)

yeah fend, I get what you mean. I'm using a digital drum myself, casio LD-80. Its like what you said, steel frame with pads. But the response and sensitivity is really bad, and the bounce is worse. I'd rather practise my rudiments on a snare pad. :)

So do you think I should still get an A drum?

Thanks fgl!

I see I see....

Well, you could go for the drum set that guy is letting go of, or you could check out Peninsular for some sets. If I'm not wrong there's shop nearby Davis Guitar there which sells sets as well...

Welcome! I'm a guitarist now but I was a drummer before. Used to play drums for worship in church. But in the end I gave it up because I didn't get any support from my parents (they didn't allow me to have a kit).

I suggest if you're playing in HDB, you can try getting an electronic drum kit. It's essentially the same as an acoustic drum kit but it requires an amplifier and you can adjust the volume. You can also get cool sounds out of it. But it's expensive, though, and you can't really customize your kit.

If you get an acoustic kit, you can fully muffle the heads with foam muffler. Vater Percussion has muffling pads for drums and cymbals, perhaps you might want to source it out if you buy an acoustic kit? Not sure where you can buy it, though, but I know Ranking Sports and Music and Yamaha outlets stock up on Vater Percussion products.

http://www.vater.com/newproducts/PracticePads.cfm

Back