Help on buying a keyboard!

Weighted keys simply means the keys has weight. As opposed to unweighted (like an organ) or semi-weighted (halfway between weighted and unweighted).

Graded keys only refers to weighted keys. Weighted keys can therefore be graded or ungraded. Graded simply means that the lower keys are heavier than the higher keys - to simulate a real piano.

Oh, I get it now. Thanks for the help everyone.

And @pf, Haha Yeah ! Im going to the authorised dealer you told me. :D

just my 2 cents..
if you wanna learn classical piano, (if I were you) i would definitely get an second hand acoustic piano. nowadays below 1 k can get decent one if you can choose
If you're not serious abt learning classical, then buy anything you want (no offence)

cos no matter what fully or graded weighted digital ones can never be on par of acoustic ones
put aside grand piano
sound wise also cannot match.. i'd say 60% similar

so far u just said 'i like piano' but how much are u willing to put in efforts?
are u willing to practice on a classical song like 3-5 hours per day?

if your goal is just to play richard clayderman, jay chow or other pop music then get yourself a cheap keyboard.. it is more than sufficient.

play for fun arh? define again yourselves
some ppl enjoy v much playing hardcore pieces.. on other hand some are having fun playing pop and trying out diff rhythms & voices on digital keyboard..

play for exam?..
dun only learn piano to pass exam.. that's not rite
have some fun when u're playing man!!

Last edited:
if your budget if 1k look out for Korg X50 or the Korg TR...those are great buys for your budget.

i think he wants to play the KEYBOARD not the piano...

it's 2 different things with 2 different styles of playing.

Back