Help Needed : Cassette to MP3

lurgee

Hi Guys,

Seeking help here. Greatly appreciated.

My Dad has a pretty old cassette which he wants to convert to mp3. In fact it's only 1 song.

I have my mini hifi connected to my pc which I use to listen to stuff from the net and my pc. I just switch to AUX on the hifi and I can get the sound out.

How do I play the cassette and record into my pc? I'm quite an idiot at this.

Please help.

Thanks in advance!

get those male/male cables (dunno the proper name for it). plug into phones on your mini compo, then plug into mic in of your com's sound card. get a nice signal then record.

Assuming that your mini hifi can play cassettes, switch to the tape mode and connect your hifi's line-out/headphone jack to your computer's line-in/microphone jack. This should be able to be done by using the same cable you used to connect your PC to the AUX on your hifi. Or you can buy one from any computer or electronics shop for less than $10.

Play the cassette and record it on your computer! Tada. You can download a good free program like Audacity (link) to record/convert and edit the song. :wink:

Oh, thanks guys! :)
I will try it out later.

I think the problem earlier was because the cable was in the audio out and not the mic one. Will let you guys know if it works.

Thanks!

Back