Help David Sparkle Get to Japan

ayekaye

hello you.

we are extremely new posters here, but have been long-time visitors to this site. so a big hello to everyone who run this site and to all the members that keep it alive and vibrant.

anyways just a quick message to spread the word and garner some support:

the singapore band i am david sparkle is intending to tour japan at the end of 2008, and we are hoping that with this message, we can spread this news and garner some support.

if you like instrumental, shoegaze, noisy indie rock music without singing in the vein of what some people called 'post-rock', please do check our music out and support us!

our second record 'This Is The New' is currently available in singapore at straits records, all gramophone outlets, earshot at the arts house, music for good, and via mail order as well.

if you like the music, we'd love for you to get a copy and help towards building our japan tour fund!! if there are other ways in how you are interested in helping the band, we are also keen to hear from you.

be a part in getting david sparkle to japan!

keep in touch, and thanks always for listening.

---
I Am David Sparkle | AMP
MySpace.com - I Am David Sparkle - Indie / Experimental / Shoegaze - www.myspace.com/iamdavidsparkle
iamdavidsparkle@gmail.com

you can now also look us up on facebook!

---

This Is The New by I Am David Sparkle
(KittyWu Records, 2007)

Review Snippets

"'This Is The New' is a collection of tight and clean instrumental tracks that boast well arranged melodies with a tinge of experimentation and glitch."
- Juice Magazine, Singapore

"This Singapore band...revel in the kind of spacey, dreamy, noisy post-punk music that will baffle and ultimately win you over. It's this unexpected twist of expectations that lends frisson to the seven sprawling instrumentals. You can hear why the guys have been touted as Singapore's answer to post-punk icons like Mogwai and Godspeed You! Black Emperor."
- Life! The Straits Times, Singapore

"Play 'This Is The New' in an empty furnitureless room. Then, sit on the floor, in the middle of the room. The sounds in this album will bounce off walls to create music that will soothe and calm you, before making your head explode."
- Junk Magazine, Malaysia

"These seven tracks display a varied spectrum of influence and instrumental acumen. The traditional post-rock traits are present but with spaghettied electro-curious tendencies; a lick of digital paint spatters the canvass, adding charm and character. The mood is one of peaks and troughs scaling a myriad shades of emotion, but not to the point of becoming boringly formulaic."
- The Silent Ballet.com, USA

"On their album 'This Is The New', they have created a soundscape of emotional beauty that washes over you in waves. As you lay back and enjoy the crashing of the proverbial waves you'll be soothed into a state of unadulterated bliss, only to be occasionally brought out of it for the few intense crescendos reached during the seven tracks of this album."
- Decoymusic.com, USA

"The music is comfortably familiar, soothing, and intelligent, adding to the palette a sprinkle of new color, as inspired by the cultural and geographical distance."
- Headphone Commute.com, USA

'This Is The New' has now reached listeners in Hong Kong, Japan, Sweden, Malaysia, Australia, the USA, and of course Singapore!

wah japan...why japan? why not other countries? like australia and stuff?
btw, i'm just wondering why. no need to answer

I heard Toe is coming around the region in June...

Bro ayekaye bro, 'This Is The New' is the new sex!!! When want to drink?

mr. agedyouth

don't forget to keep to our 4D plan..

anytime can drink - when you want to cheong?

to jugman: we are looking to tour japan as currently we have distribution for our current record there. so we want to go to where the music and the listeners are obviously.

australia is also on our wishlist too :)

thanks!

I is anything, Mr Kaye...

Eh, we is forming a paintball team called the Paintball Muthafuckas. Wanna join or not? We can paintball and drink after that.

I wanna go Jipun man... Tsk!!! Will buy Toto again!

All the best aights. And yesh! For Toe, please update the forum once anyone get the details aights. Dying to see them live.

Back