Guitar Set Up or Guitarist problem?

o now I have to go back to CityMusic and tell the guy off for recommending this set of strings. I specifically told him I wanted a bright sounding set but the end result was a mellow one instead.

Seriously, c'mon... strings are a subjective thing here. So what if he recommended something that wasn't your cup of tea? No reason to go tell him off... you said you wanted 'bright' but an individual's gauge of what is an ideal bright tone differs.

If you really aren't ngiao about 10 buck then just take it as: failed experiment, next set... if they really are that bad. No need for all the confrontation stuff :p

Well, I'll see how things go then. Thanks for your replies.

Seriously, c'mon... strings are a subjective thing here. So what if he recommended something that wasn't your cup of tea? No reason to go tell him off... you said you wanted 'bright' but an individual's gauge of what is an ideal bright tone differs.

If you really aren't ngiao about 10 buck then just take it as: failed experiment, next set... if they really are that bad. No need for all the confrontation stuff :p

besides, there's a fun factor in experimenting with different string sets, as they have different feel and tone.

+1.

Just had my acoustic set up and restrung with the coated D'addario strings (using coated for the first time). Waiting to see how it goes.

No need to go and tell the guy off lah, you're not making any friends like that. Just try another set of strings. To me, Elixirs sound pretty bright, but they do cost a bomb. You can try D'Addarios too. The main thing is to be patient and try out new things 1 at a time. No need to get so frustrated over this thing. Btw which guitar did you get?

Back