guitar made of plywood?

bin4christ

some guitars such as behringers n epi strat copies(ES-300) are made of plywood...how is it actually?is it recommended to get a guitar made of plywood?

havnt tried yet...juz tt i feel it aint quite right to hav a guitar made of plywood...most ly made of maple,alder,basswood or mahogany...

i once had a guitar (dunno what brand) that was made of plywood... but it sounded kinda ok.... after i feel that unless u are plugging in guitar to amp if not with the loads of effect i dun think so can hear the difference that wood brings... pickups maybe, but wood... no my 2 cents worth again

bin4christ said:
havnt tried yet...juz tt i feel it aint quite right to hav a guitar made of plywood...most ly made of maple,alder,basswood or mahogany...
u mean the body inside made of all these woods with some other kinda wood on the outer layer? or inside cheapo woods and outside these woods?

there are plenty of people i know of who... even if you hand them a guitar with plywood on the inside, with proper finishing on the outside, would say that it sounds good, feels good bla bla bla as long as you slap a fender or an ibanez logo on the headstock.... what does it matter

plywood, as oppossed to mahogany/ alder/ ash/ etc, is not a wood type. it's a layered construction from sheets of wood, often industrial excess. back in 1998, the Ibanez RG170 was a plywood make, the Squiers of the early '90s were of similar construction.

there are issues with plywood pertaining to tone. luthiers will tell you that if they are composed of different wood types, it won't give off a workable resonance to work with. the different wood types which make up the plywood construction also react differently to temperature. some of these guitars were very susceptible to temperature change, displaying a warped nature rendering it a waste.

I swear i read something about that once. Not the dad thing lol, but the plywood PGM... But just can't register which :?

i dun mind a plywood guitar...as long it's lightweight...correct shape...just slap on active pus i guess

bin4christ said:
some guitars such as behringers n epi strat copies(ES-300) are made of plywood...how is it actually?is it recommended to get a guitar made of plywood?

it's not just the copies, even the renowned Gibson versions (ES335/ 355) are laminate by nature.

Hmm

I tried e Squier Bullet & it only haf 1 hum fitted at the neck pos. I was like what!?! But the tone & sound is quite reasonable (if u aint a v particular perfectionist in music).

Is there any website in which I can read up more on the different wood material & what effect they will haf on the sound?

Re: Hmm

neuro182 said:
I tried e Squier Bullet & it only haf 1 hum fitted at the neck pos. I was like what!?! But the tone & sound is quite reasonable (if u aint a v particular perfectionist in music).

Is there any website in which I can read up more on the different wood material & what effect they will haf on the sound?

neck/ bridge?

fender_squier_bullet.gif

Back