Guitar Hero & Rock Band - New Medium For Music Sales?

Tribalcast

What do you guys think? Can these games actually help in musicians earn some cash again? Let's discuss.

"The big new feature in Guitar Hero World Tour is the music studio. It lets you create and share your own tunes, as well as download songs from others."

Guitar Hero:
Official Website: http://www.guitarhero.com/

Review:
http://www.gamespot.com/ps3/puzzle/guitarheroiv/review.html

Video Review:
http://www.gametrailers.com/player/42275.html

The Setlist In Guitar Hero World Tour:

* 311 - "Beautiful Disaster"
* 30 Seconds To Mars - "The Kill"
* Airbourne - "Too Much Too Young"
* The Allman Brothers Band - "Ramblin' Man"
* Anouk - "Good God"
* The Answer - "Never Too Late"
* At The Drive-In - "One Armed Scissor"
* Beastie Boys - "No Sleep Till Brooklyn"
* Beatsteaks - "Hail to the Freaks"
* Billy Idol - "Rebel Yell"
* Black Label Society - "Stillborn"
* Black Rebel Motorcycle Club - "Weapon of Choice"
* blink-182 - "Dammit"
* Blondie - "One Way or Another"
* Bob Seger and The Silver Bullet Band - "Hollywood Nights"
* Bon Jovi - "Livin' On A Prayer"
* Bullet For My Valentine - "Scream Aim Fire"
* Coldplay - "Shiver"
* Creedence Clearwater Revival - "Up Around The Bend"
* The Cult - "Love Removal Machine"
* Dinosaur Jr. - "Feel The Pain"
* The Doors - "Love Me Two Times"
* Dream Theater - "Pull Me Under"
* The Eagles - "Hotel California"
* The Enemy - "Aggro"
* Filter - "Hey Man, Nice Shot"
* Fleetwood Mac - "Go Your Own Way"
* Foo Fighters - "Everlong"
* The Guess Who - "American Woman"
* Hush Puppies - "You're Gonna Say Yeah!"
* Interpol - "Obstacle 1"
* Jane's Addiction - "Mountain Song"
* Jimi Hendrix - "Purple Haze (Live)"
* Jimi Hendrix - "The Wind Cries Mary"
* Jimmy Eat World - "The Middle"
* Joe Satriani - "Satch Boogie"
* Kent - "Vinternoll2"
* Korn - "Freak On A Leash"
* Lacuna Coil - "Our Truth"
* Lenny Kravitz - "Are You Gonna Go My Way"
* Linkin Park - "What I've Done"
* The Living End - "Prisoner of Society"
* Los Lobos - "La Bamba"
* Lost Prophets - "Rooftops (A Liberation Broadcast)"
* Lynyrd Skynyrd - "Sweet Home Alabama (Live)"
* Mars Volta - "L'Via L'Viaquez"
* MC5's Wayne Kramer - "Kick Out The Jams"
* Metallica - "Trapped Under Ice"
* Michael Jackson - "Beat It"
* Modest Mouse - "Float On"
* Motorhead - "Overkill"
* Muse - "Assassin"
* Negramaro - "Nuvole e Lenzuola"
* Nirvana - "About a Girl (Unplugged)"
* No Doubt - "Spiderwebs"
* NOFX - "Soul Doubt"
* Oasis - "Some Might Say"
* Ozzy Osbourne - "Crazy Train"
* Ozzy Osbourne - "Mr. Crowley"
* Paramore - "Misery Business"
* Pat Benatar - "Heartbreaker"
* R.E.M. - "The One I Love"
* Radio Futura - "Escuela De Calor"
* Rise Against - "Re-Education Through Labor"
* Sex Pistols - "Pretty Vacant"
* Silversun Pickups - "Lazy Eye"
* Smashing Pumpkins - "Today"
* Steely Dan - "Do It Again"
* Steve Miller Band - "The Joker"
* Sting - "Demolition Man (Live)"
* The Stone Roses - "Love Spreads"
* Stuck In The Sound - "Toy Boy"
* Sublime - "Santeria"
* Survivor - "Eye of the Tiger"
* System of a Down - "B.Y.O.B."
* Ted Nugent - "Stranglehold"
* Ted Nugent's Original Guitar Duel Recording
* Tokio Hotel - "Monsoon"
* Tool - "Parabola"
* Tool - "Schism"
* Tool - "Vicarious"
* Trust - "Antisocial"
* Van Halen - "Hot For Teacher"
* Willie Nelson - "On The Road Again"
* Wings - "Band on the Run"
* Zakk Wylde's Original Guitar Duel Recording

Opeth's take on Guitar Hero:
http://www.metalinjection.net/tv/view/1621/opeth-exclusive-interview-fall-2008

Last edited:
My friend's getting this, and I'll hopefully be going over to his place to play some after the exams. Can't wait! So much Tool love! <3 And Dream Theater!

Bought the whole set, awesome to play with. And the faulty news are abit overexposed and too overblown. Most of the people who actually got the good sets are not whining. So yeah, I am one. The drum kit can be fixed by just putting tape ;)

Tool songs are damn difficult on drums.

Hmm the ones complaining about the drums are crazy hard hitters who may think that it can take the beating like an actual drum. But AEnimic bro, do update on this faulty issue like in a months time to see if there is any problems. Cause I wanna see it's really the controllers or the people itself.

So at least I won't be wasting my money buy it in the future. Hahah.

The drum kit can be fixed by just putting tape ;)

My mate's having trouble with his drums, apparently the orange cymbal's a bit touchy and the kick drum doesn't work properly. So, yea, was wondering what this "tape-putting" thing means exactly? Where do you put the tape? And what problem were you having before?

Last edited:
indeed the drum for ghwt is abit faulty...i got ma set on last sat and return it next day cos of tat orange cymbal...

for those who plans to buy..i suggest u head down to new era company and buy from them personally..cos over there they can change the sensitivity of the drums

indeed the drum for ghwt is abit faulty...i got ma set on last sat and return it next day cos of tat orange cymbal...

for those who plans to buy..i suggest u head down to new era company and buy from them personally..cos over there they can change the sensitivity of the drums

But is it really all of the sets? Cause if it's faulty and you change it, then it's like the same problem.

not all...some buyers tend to get lucky, and they got no probs with their sets...

but if u still in doubt i suggest u wait for few weeks...do more research on whether there are any changes or so

Yep you're right. Gotta wait out for awhile more. Who knows, maybe there might be some kind of patch for the systems or they fixed the problem with a new batch of models. But what tempts me is that the drums and the music making feature. Especially when I saw the video review when the guy said about the drums being able to connect to the pc. Imagine the possibilities. A definite plus point if you have a band.

i think games like this can introduce the bands to a wider audience...
like (when playing) a kid goes "awesome song!..what's the band again?...i'm gonna check out the band later!" introducing the kid to a new band and maybe a new fan for the band and the process continues...
the kid tell the friends..the friends tell more of their friends and so on......

that's how dragonforce/speed metal got so many new fans...after their song "through the fire and flames" became the most challenging song in gh3, their album sales jumped quite abit.Dubbed the "guitar hero" effect on most news channels.

Just get a real band. With real instruments. I reckon you'd get a better sound. Haha. ;)

Umm I mean not to a point where it actually replaces the entire jamming process. Maybe you can use the drums as in, "Hey I got this drum fills" and then you record it and save it through your pc. So at least when the real jamming comes you got more ideas to try out. You know that kinda thing.

Umm I mean not to a point where it actually replaces the entire jamming process. Maybe you can use the drums as in, "Hey I got this drum fills" and then you record it and save it through your pc. So at least when the real jamming comes you got more ideas to try out. You know that kinda thing.

Ahh yea, I guess it makes sense. I haven't seen the actual set yet (because my bloody friend won't let me!!!!!!!! and because of bloody exams of course...) but is it a full drum set? That'd be good if it was! :D

Latest posts

Back