- Golf -

FITCH

I recently started learning golf and have been practising my swing at the range. Tuesdays or Wednesdays at Orchid Country Club and Sundays at Marina Bay Golf Course. Any Softies who's into golf?

Me. I live in Johor Bahru. Golf in Johor Bahru is much much cheaper. First of all, you have to learn the stroke and swing at the driving range. After you've got the perfection, then only to the course. I've played about 10 years. Currently i'm holding handicap 22. Should call me for golf when you r ready.

Hi there. I went to the Royal Golf Club last Thursday, they had the golf carnival sale...but most of the stuffs are more expensive than here. Got 3 PGA polo tee for $60. My friend's sister is staying at Leisure Farm, would like to try the greens there. Any range/course you can recommend that's good?

Cheers
FITCH

By the way, i'm looking for a golf set. What set do you recommend with a budget below SGD$1000?

Leisure farm is Poresia Golf & Country Club. That is the most difficult course in JB. As for your budget, I would like to recommend Maruman. Im using Maruman also but mine is limited edition Maruman Exim Titanium Face. As for Maruman, JB is much more cheaper than S'pore but some other items are cheap in S'pore. If you really wanted to buy Maruman golf set, I can recommend you to Transview in JB. They are the authorised dealer for Maruman. My relationship with the Boss is very good. I have my special discounted price there (which others won't get).

Cool bro! I like the feel of Maruman Bestop set. Can ask for me how much you can get it for me? Thanx \m/

I Love Golf!

I love the game, I love playing it and I love being on the course! Even when my scores suck! LOL!

BUT... I had to stop for a while due to chronic back problems :(:(:( Probably my form wasn't great either.

Had to rehab and physio. But would like to play again. So when I find some time, I would like to go hit some at the driving range. I figure that if I can hit about 2,000 balls over a a few weeks and not be in pain, I'd be ready to hit the course.

Actually I need to go and get some refresher lessons and qualify my handicap, can anyone recommend a patient coach that imparts well? Cuz not all golf pros, who play well, can teach -- kinda like music.

Hi Beboptang, great to find another golfer in Soft. There's many coaches around offering their services, but i can't recommend you anyone since i'm very new to this sport. As for myself, my friend's husband is coaching me. I hit about 200 balls on each range practice and have seen improvements after each practice.

Actually I need to go and get some refresher lessons and qualify my handicap, can anyone recommend a patient coach that imparts well? Cuz not all golf pros, who play well, can teach -- kinda like music.

If you r willing to come down to JB, I can recommend you the best PRO that can teach well. Actually previously I was a Golf Manager at Starhill Golf Resort Berhad.

Cool bro! I like the feel of Maruman Bestop set. Can ask for me how much you can get it for me? Thanx \m/

Maruman Bestop is the lowend model. If I'm not mistaken, the price is less than RM1K. I'll check the best model with the best deal for you.:)

If you r willing to come down to JB, I can recommend you the best PRO that can teach well. Actually previously I was a Golf Manager at Starhill Golf Resort Berhad.

Thanks for the recommendation, but... aiyah, travel to JB a bit difficult for me, cuz I sure kerna fine all the way there (I'm also on the F1 thread of this Forum ;)).

But seriously, a bit hard cuz of the time factor. I never used to play on the courses in Singapore, only in JB & KL. But I took lessons here in Singapore, cuz my coach was at Laguna CC. My whole aim then was to play golf as cheaply as possible! The way it should be right? ;)

Got myself a Maxfli set for $300+ only. Good shaft and the face is quiet big....easy for me to hit.

Got myself a Maxfli set for $300+ only. Good shaft and the face is quiet big....easy for me to hit.

do you know that maxfli is made in China? Same factory as Taylor Made. As for the beginner is ok. The swing weight is not accurate for every iron. Sorry, i haven't got time to check the maruman bestop for you. Now i'm busy setting up my jamming studio in JB.

hey guys!

ive been playing a couple of months now... mainly playing at the executive golf course on sunday afternoons...

i usually whack em golfballs at bishan range or jln kayu range.
though i have to admist... OCC range is wayyy better.

Hmm my uncles familly recently picked up this sport :cool:
I know close to nothing bout this sport, so wad are the things/feel that attracts you to golf ? :)

Hmm my uncles familly recently picked up this sport :cool:
I know close to nothing bout this sport, so wad are the things/feel that attracts you to golf ? :)

Hey Basswalker,

What thrills me is, when one hits the golf ball squarely on the correct tangent, maintaining a margin of error less than 1cm on the club head's face, with the right amount of power, correct coordination & timing of all your limbs, the ball punches through the air and can fly straight beyond 200m. And the whole time that you wind your body and limbs up like a killer-spring, you must never look at the target, but always keep it in mind! You keep your head down and eyes on the ball and just hit in faith. You only look up after you've hit the ball.

When that ball flies and lands exactly where you want it... there are just no words to describe the feeling, cuz that whole sequence is such a life lesson in itself! You've got so much working against you to hit the ball right: wind speed & direction, terrain, technique, your body's limitations and mental fortitude. Every golf course on any given day is different and will yield different results. Yet good golfers know, there is no one else and nothing else to blame but yourself, if you hit poorly.

Ha! Golf is so deep... it's just like music!

Peace,
Beboptang

Last edited:
Waa *jaws wide open*

beboptang, u make golf sound so chem (in a cool way :cool:)
no wonder tiger woods is earning so much, few can acheive wad he has done (At least i know i can't :mrgreen:)
Guess i'll just stick with music for now and hope someone from my uncles family gets as good as tiger woods

(Tiger woods is the only golfer i know so correct me if there are better 1s)

Back