Gold hardware...

Stillborn

hi all,

juz wondering what y'guys use to clean/polish ur gold hardware, issit the same as chrome hardware?

(will the "gold" fade away if i use brasso/autosol?)

yes the gold will fade if u use autosol. er, i think u can try spraying a lil WD40 or somethin, and rub the parts gently with a rag. it cleans off most of the dirt, usually.

gold hardware confirm fade one la... as long as you touch it with your hands..it will tarnish.. and fade... as the gold is only a layer.. unless you have real gold hardware...

use it till its ugly and repulsive. then buy new hardware.

In terms of durability, its Chrome, Black, Gold then your Cosmo finishes.

Gold rubs off REAL fast and really, there's nothing you can do abt it... you could just use some Dunlop 65 and wipe up the hardware to make it tarnish slower.

I once goldplated some fender strat saddles coz I couldnt get any gold replacements...18K 3 micron but at bomb price - now that gold will hold its colour... If you got $$$ then can gold the whole bridge....

the norm gold hardweare esp cheapo Korea / Taiwan parts... mite as well dun polish..let it fade , corrode...looks cooler & U dont lose sleep...
8)

fgl said:
I once goldplated some fender strat saddles coz I couldnt get any gold replacements...18K 3 micron but at bomb price - now that gold will hold its colour... If you got $$$ then can gold the whole bridge....

the norm gold hardweare esp cheapo Korea / Taiwan parts... mite as well dun polish..let it fade , corrode...looks cooler & U dont lose sleep...
8)

erm....what would that bomb price be?

not that i'm gona try though, juz curious... :D

coz it was my fren, he charge me $15 per saddle...but I tell U dam worf it...

Tuners cant do because got complicated mechainism....other metal components def worth it..but beware...not more than 3 micron or subsequently screws etc wont fit... 8)

As long as you keep the hardware relatively dry, they won't tarnish that easily. With nickel hardware, that is another story.

man my chrome hardware are becoming gold hardware . . . its like copper, accidently sratch afew markings over my bridge while i restring. wonder will it rust or something

fgl said:
coz it was my fren, he charge me $15 per saddle...but I tell U dam worf it...

Tuners cant do because got complicated mechainism....other metal components def worth it..but beware...not more than 3 micron or subsequently screws etc wont fit... 8)

hey man, can you PM me your friend's contact?

Latest posts

Back