Gibson Guitars In Singapore!!!

GOAVIBE

Hi Everyone,
Hope you guys can help me here.......
I live in the middle east and we hardly have any options for gear here anyways,

I am looking forward to purchasing a Gibson Les Paul Custom(Alpine White w/Gold hardware) from Singapore.

Ive heard of Swee Lee, but a lot of people here are giving negative reviews concerning their products, price and after sales service. I would like to know if they are the only dealers/distributors for Gibson or if there are more.

Hope someone can help with a reference of a good store that stocks all Gibson guitars........
Any info would help la......

Thank you all
Have a great day...!
:)

A 2nd hand Gibson Les Paul Custom is the only way you can get that without breaking the bank since all of them are now made by their Custom Shop (which explains the price hike). The closest thing available now to your desired Les Paul Custom is this:

http://www2.gibson.com/Products/Ele...ustom/Randy-Rhoads-Les-Paul-Custom/Specs.aspx

Swee Lee is the main distributor for Gibson but I have seen a few first hand Gibsons at Music Theme.

All in all, a 2nd hand Gibson is what I would recommend any day unless it's something that would never be floating around the 2nd hand market.

Thanks everyone for all your help.....
@ Relinquish69: Have they stopped producing the standard custom range as i cant find the one im looking for on their website.....i dont mind paying as ive been saving all my money just for this.....The alpine White finish...but cant understand.... any more info on this please if you know of any...

i normally assumed that Singapore would have a good market for Gibsons as i purchased most of my gear from there.
anyways i appreciate everyones help in this matter....thanks again..
have a good day all!!!

Yes swee lee is licensed to sell gibsons. If you not you can try blackwood guitars. I've seen some classics and reissues there.

Thanks everyone for all your help.....
@ Relinquish69: Have they stopped producing the standard custom range as i cant find the one im looking for on their website.....i dont mind paying as ive been saving all my money just for this.....The alpine White finish...but cant understand.... any more info on this please if you know of any...

You can click on the link provided by metalfreak. That is probably the guitar you want. Gibson Les Paul Customs are all produced by the Gibson Custom Shop for current day productions.

You shouldn't be looking for a Gibson here in Singapore if you are considering first hand. 2nd hand however, the prices are reasonable. Try getting your LP from USA. Should be cheaper there.

If i'm not wrong, Swee Lee is the ONLY distributer in Singapore. Every other shop that sells Gibson's purchased them from Swee Lee direct to sell. So if you're looking for brand new Gibson, probably best to go Swee Lee and try to get a good price. (if thats even possible) Anyone can verify?

^ oh ho ho, that is not entirely true. most of the shops are parallel importing such guitars. the only difference is that they are unable to bring in the full range like your distributor.

then again, the main distributor does not bring in the full range sometimes. might be due to space constrains.

Probably true, just like cars, parallel imports are cheaper. But be weary when you buy from places like MTheme & RSports who bring in Fender & Gibsons, their guitars are crucified hanging up on guitar stands. They literally look worn out and lifeless. So before buying, give a thorough inspection.

Last edited by a moderator:
It's best to try all guitars before buying. also, buy the guitar that you tried and like. I think that should be the case for buying any guitar unless the price is too good to be true.

Latest posts

Back