Get new amp?

shouheng

Hi guys, shouheng here :smt039
...new to soft...played guitar from sec 2 ( now 18 )

Thinking of upgrading my amp, cos its getting kinda weird lately. Its a Peavey Blazer 158...clean channel is so so...overdrive channel is ok, but when the amp is pushed to past 6 for gain...the sound starts breaking up...as in sort of cracking? (kinda hard to explain...its just not the normal overdrive/distortion)

Dont know whether its worth it to repair. Considering an upgrade to Vox AD30VT...worthwhile? Btw, is it better to get amps 2nd hand or new? :supz:

:D Looking forward to GASing and gear talk in the future!

ADVT30 is well worth it. It is LOUD. So the attentuattor comes into handy.
I'll pass it over to other owners like p00n to explain.

Hmm I guess I'm quite particular about the clean...the blazer was rather frustrating in that matter. How much does the ad30vt cost? Think i'll go try out the cube at swee lee as well :rock:

Tip when trying out new stuff. Try to use a rig as similar to yours as possible. Better yet, use your own guitar. Different combinations produce different sounds. So you cant be sure until you test it out on YOUR combination.

My personal recce would be a 2nd hand Laney LC15 tube amp. Loud but manageable with good tone. It would be around same price as a new Cube30 if you looked hard.

Lifehouse said:
My personal recce would be a 2nd hand Laney LC15 tube amp. Loud but manageable with good tone. It would be around same price as a new Cube30 if you looked hard.

have you tried one? a good review would help me loads. kinda interested in a LC-15r

Latest posts

Back