Floyd Rose In Sg?

nabeelmashren

hi softies, just wondering if it would be possible to put a floyd rose bridge into an sg guitar? If so, where can i go and how much would it cost?
Thanks

wow, floyed in a SG, prolly alot of routing needed. cost of it would go through the roof i belive, hmm better of getting a different guitar with a floyed =)

but if you really wanna go through with it, i belive or i think guitar connections do it. =)

hey, man, i had that thought a long time ago, same as urs, thinking of routing a floyd in sg, well, if u really wanna do it, u can check out guitar connection, but i dont think u should do it, and the sg is abit too thin, abit too risky, i'd rather u get the sg look alike models from esp/ltd, those are nice..
think about it first dude..

Last edited:
cant remember where i heard it, but maybe cause the body too thin and changing from a fixed bridge to a floating confirm got change in sustain right?
anyway, just get another guitar with floyd la..

There will be a change in sustain but how do you know the guitar would "lose quite alot of sustain"?

Thickness of the guitar's body doesn't necessarily mean its sustain is worse off. Look at Ibanez's S series.

Anyhow, TS, the mod to floyd is a major change, however, there are trem retrofits that will replace your TOM bridge and well, you got a trem without modifications or little modifications. Google a little.

Latest posts

Back