fender splatter drop stratocaster

classics

my brother is getting this model, any comments on this? i heard tat every model have different design, izzit true? hmm any website tat shows the colour?

sweelee have it in DRD,OWT,SFG,YLW. wat does they stands for?

drd -> red right?
owt -> white right?
sfg -> green?
ylw -> yellow?

anywebsite tat show the designs? did a goggle search and found some model really fugly lol. anyway his ordering online, we are bunch of lazy pp to move our arse out of our house ahaha.

I think you can get it for cheaper if you go to their actual store..................

Because can bargain :D

wa really sian 1/2 muz go down to sim drives, if we request for new sets will they allow? some shops only sell display sets, i dunno, but i juz dun like display set, even though display set might be more properly set-up. dam he really make me gian, also feel like getting one cant tahan :(

classics said:
wa really sian 1/2 muz go down to sim drives, if we request for new sets will they allow? some shops only sell display sets, i dunno, but i juz dun like display set, even though display set might be more properly set-up. dam he really make me gian, also feel like getting one cant tahan :(

if they have stock, you can get the non-display ones.

again, as with many who have asked, i would advise you to really go down and try the guitar out before buying, and not order it online. the models are the same, but not all guitars are made exactly equal; one guitar may be better than the other even for the exact same model.

yeah, just go down and test the guitars yourself....it's always good to test out the feel of the guitar and stuff first before buyin'...even if it's the display set... ^_^

the only thing special about these strats are the splatter paintwork, nothing extra in the tone/ playability department. it's a hype standard mexican model, i rank the satin finish Std Strat above the splatter model, & it goes for much cheaper. but if the paint job is your thing, there's no stopping you of course. keep in mind that that artwork adds zilch to tone.

Satin Finished Std Strat
52379.jpg

From what I see so far, many online stores are selling this model at pratically clearance price. I guess it's all about the splatter paint design, which is something not well recieved as a finish.

So I must warn, the look may be cool in a temporary sense. It may be a finish you grow from love to hate eventually.

mikemann said:
From what I see so far, many online stores are selling this model at pratically clearance price. I guess it's all about the splatter paint design, which is something not well recieved as a finish.

So I must warn, the look may be cool in a temporary sense. It may be a finish you grow from love to hate eventually.

many dealers are practically clearing them as they are discontinued models & not particularly something which will appreciate in value either. it makes sense to do so.

is there any strato tat has 22 fret and maple fretboard and <1500 otherthan highway1 and lite ash? 22 fret and 21 fret really differs alot for my case, i really like playing around 22th fret. but 24 and 22 doesnt really matter. and yeah i really like highway1 alot but the vulnerable finish is really a turnoff for me. i need to know how does it finish does off? does it goes off by getting thinner, or it juz get chipped off and there is a uneven layer, like one 50 cent spot without any finish?

edited: oh yeah any floyd rose fender with 22 fret avilable in sweelee? the one i saw is with 21 fret :( splatter fender too :(

the Highway 1 Showmaster is one Floyd equipped Fender that i kinda fancy... 24 frets for you

90245.jpg

there's always this dissent with the Highway1 satin finish, but i'm assuring you that there's nothing with it. having own one, IMO the H1 guitars are more resonant & has a more transparent tone.

I don't like the splatter of the fender... it looks messy... compared to the swirled finishes of Ibanez Jems, which looks classy and unique, the fender looks juvenile. Anyway, its going to be a tone stink with such a thick finish, but that's preference... some like the more open, woody tone of satin/natural finishes (like Sub :)) and some prefer the opposite.

Anyway, note of advice... I've noticed the QC of Original Floyd Rose trems have gotten worse... It would be wise to examine the trem carefully if you intend to buy the Highway strat.

Why not go Ibanez since you want a 24 fret, floyd equipped guitar?

i'm not a big fan of the OFR vibrato, the last good one which i played was in a Peavey Wolfgang but it doesn't mean they are duds in general.

i've always trusted Ibanez's Lo-Pro Edge... 8)

I noticed the Ibanez Edge trems just play/feel smoother than OFRs or their licensed counterparts... thats the main diff for me...

argh this is killing me i cant decide which guitar to get, each got their own advantage :( i guess i will juz settle off with rg350 or probably 450 if there is any left over

classics said:
argh this is killing me i cant decide which guitar to get, each got their own advantage :( i guess i will juz settle off with rg350 or probably 450 if there is any left over

i'm for the RG450... 8)

Back