Fender: 60th Anniversary Commemorative Standard Stratocaster

thanks subversion for your help. BTW have you compared those MIM standard strats to the 60th anni which you have reviewed? any difference in terms of workmanship, built and all? thanks!

hi juju...

the 60th Ann strat has special treatment to it, the workmanship is top notch, same goes to the hardware & electronics.

the Std models aren't any worse but the default pickups aren't too magical to make them very special, unlike the former's dedicated Tex Mex units. the rosewood fretboard Std models also display dry parchments but it's not the entire selection. in general, the Std models of today aren't the dodgy units say a decade ago, definitely worth the consideration for any Fender enthusiasts.

thanks for reading my review :smt023

for those who wish to consider a Jap strat, do try this one first. if it's not to your liking, then consider other makes/ models.

hey subversion thanks so much for the review, i went out today tested the 60th and the highway strat and surprisingly the MIM strat felt like a higher quality axe than the highway.... both feel and tone wise.

The 60th strat has really cool strat tones and when overdriven offers a "woody" tone reminiscent of malmsteen (not that i can play any) and that impressed me a whole lot! unfortunately the down side for me was the lack of 22 frets and the very noisy hum when drive is applied to the guitar, but for the price i really shouldn't be complaining hah.

All in all, i bagged the guitar and am a happy camper. Thanks again!

the 60th Ann strat is meant to be good in feel & tone. glad you grabbed one... if you are too bothered by the noise, maybe it's time to invest in a noise gate 8)

imo it is comparable to mia strats...its as good as most high end mim strats too...plus it has a veri cool ltd edition gigbag...the thing i love most about it is the neck profile...veri round n thick..good for holdin...

heres some tips...if u wana test drive the baby go sweelee at a time where there are little ppl n the sales people would b more patient...or u can look for kalai...den the disply piece for this model is a defect piece so it is realli crappy n it sux so ask to try a new one n if u lyk it buy it... :wink:

Latest posts

Back