Fake Strats

no you are not free from getting sued. so long as the plaintiff can prove defamatory meaning, reference was made to him and there was publication of the defamatory statement can sue liaoz. as for forums and free speech, ferget it bro. defamation is an action which infringes on free speech anyways. and singapore? ha. also, mr james himself liable to be sued if he keep the statement here (Demon Internet Svcs vs Godfrey).
ur only hope - defence of fair comment. but then...ah vell...long story.

anyways, juz fer ur info. cheers.

i don't agree with stars that if he says that his santa fe guitars are of "top quality". that's him trying to pitch his stuff! at least he doesn't pass it off as a fender/gibson or some other established brand and sells it to some inexperienced guy.

however, i am TOTALLY AGAINST a shopowner who passes off a cheap knockoff as the real thing. It has happened to me before when this asshole tried to pass off a korean made guitar as an american made one. i did my homework and dismantled everything before checking with the guitar forums. got me totally pissed off and i went straight to him to get my money back. he feigned ignorance and said that he got screwed as well. who're u kidding buddy. you can take this korean guitar and shove it up your a$$.

expose or not to expose the shopowner?

whatever it is, just do your research. check neck dates, serial nos and pot codes. verify with the various guitar forums. there're ppl who are willing to help out. take accurate pics if possible. and if your guitar is a bolt on, don't be afraid to dismantle the neck to check dates. BE INFORMED.

Re: .

Haha fibredrive, thanks for your legalistic input, once again. if we ever need to sue anyone, we noe who to look for :wink:

rottenramone said:
whatever it is, just do your research. check neck dates, serial nos and pot codes. verify with the various guitar forums. there're ppl who are willing to help out. take accurate pics if possible. and if your guitar is a bolt on, don't be afraid to dismantle the neck to check dates. BE INFORMED.

Well said, best way not to get conned is to be informed. Time to hit those books if you have to. National library at orchard got a fender book, even tells u how to ID strats from their features, as well as serial numbers.

Maybe it's ethical to drop those bidders a note to tell them it's fake? what do you all think? it's not too late... auction ends in 7 days

That'll be a nice thing to do. Save those unwary bidders from wasting money. Once the "fake" fender strat has been exposed, i suppose the only way he's gonna sell it is by dropping the price down real low to a 150 odd.

i think its possible to post a comment on his page to say smthing abt his product. Maybe someone has an yahoo auction acct can do tt and warn others?

Chang said:
i think its possible to post a comment on his page to say smthing abt his product. Maybe someone has an yahoo auction acct can do tt and warn others?

someone with a yahoo auction account can post a question in the Q&A yes, but it will not be visible to others unless the seller chooses to answer the question. so it still depends on the seller himself, and what he wants others to see.

stars, it isn't as simple as you think it is. it may seem like you're shielded from getting sued in terms of the freedom of speech in the internet, it is all a fascade. you actually CAN get sued, its whether they want to or otherwise, whether it actually benefits them in the end when they sue you.

BUT ANYWAYS,

my point still stands, be very careful. EVEN with very reputable shops. I count myself very lucky to get my money back from the reputable shop coz they obviously know their reputation is at stake. No matter how experienced the shops are, they do make mistakes, WE ALL DO! it was bad on my part i didn't check it thoroughly enough. Whatever it is, I'm still gonna patronize that shop that sold me the fake strat but refunded me the money. The shop owner's a man of integrity and I salute him for being so kind. They could've easily denied me of the refund simply becoz its a 2nd hand guitar, what you see is what u get. I'm thankful, hope you guys learn from my personal mistake and NEVER EVER make that mistake. no matter how enthusiastic you are about the purchase, how you LOVE the guitar, check it thoroughly. Don't take things for granted, don't take the reputable shops for granted. PERIOD

Back