European metal bands

schred said:
livideye said:
European Metal Rules But I frankly believe the bands should not tour the USA too much. IMO, the new records after the US tour kinda became very nu-metal.
I got Soilwork's new album and i support them till the end, but just felt that the harmonising guitars and solos are limited.

European metal bands could kick most of the american metal bands off at one go. But I do like bands like Iced Earth, Unearth, Anthrax, Strapping Young Lad & The Devin Townsend Bands. They still sound good even though they are not european.
Precisely.

yes yes +1

Panopticon-3 said:
americans like their metal heavy and brutal
europeans like their metal melodic and technical

pantera was american and they're pretty techinical i guess, so were people like randy rhoads and zakk wylde. 80s america had lots of technical and melodic metal bands.

Panopticon-3 said:
americans like their metal heavy and brutal
europeans like their metal melodic and technical
Heavy and Brutal? No way man. Europe takes the lead in most of the best grindcore & death metal. America? Only shitloads of metalcore & nu metal, if thtz what ye wanna call heavy & brutal.

in flames are losers now. im beginnig to hate them. old scholl thrash metal is still the best. DESTRUCTION kick ass!

Just wondering, since we are on the topic of european metal bands....Why are all the scarier looking metal bands come from the Nordic region? Something to do with the weather up there?

American brutal okay what.. Nile kicks ass.. As for european look at Necrophagist.. german fcking metal at its best.. Love their stuff

Back to USA.. Atheist and Cynic are just as technical as any european band there is.. So you can't really say which region prefers what..

Back