impaled nazarene
kalmah

just to name a few not mainstream bands from my music library

theres also Arch Enemy

Cavett said:
nitrovo said:
In flames

\m/

Soundtrack to your escape (their latest cd) is absolutely frucking awesome. one of the best metal albums ive ever heard

Wow... really?? Its a gd metal album on its own but its far in comparisson with what In Flames has done or "could" do IMO...

I'm not that much of a fan of their older stuff. I have the tokyo showdown (live cd) and some others, but I find this to be the best. I tink they got a new vocalist for this album and thats why I love it. the vocals and riffs are so clear and..it just sounds awesome.

inflames.jpg

this is the vox for this album. go the dreds!

peninsula

like some guy said before, if you want metal go to peninsula... rather new shop, but it'll have anything METAL that HMV has at a cheaper price, more than likely... they also have lots of special edition shit there that HMV definately wont... check it out... BASEMENT.

Re: peninsula

TylerDrake said:
like some guy said before, if you want metal go to peninsula... rather new shop, but it'll have anything METAL that HMV has at a cheaper price, more than likely... they also have lots of special edition shit there that HMV definately wont... check it out... BASEMENT.

isit the small shop with posters are stuff all over the walls and its dark.

I think i'm thinking of clairvoyent records..that place is pretty expensive though/

far east also got one shop tt sells alot of metal CDs...its at the 3rd floor with blue signboard

nitrovo said:
yeah hammerfall are.

I wonder about bands like
Unearth
iced earth
carcass
emperor
impaled nazarene
kalmah

just to name a few not mainstream bands from my music library

theres also Arch Enemy
Yep. European except Unearth & Iced Earth. N ppl, like i said, venture to the unknown & u'll find treasures u nvr heard of :lol: Penin, excelsior, far east, these r my picks. Go n hunt :smt104

ItAcHi said:
far east also got one shop tt sells alot of metal CDs...its at the 3rd floor with blue signboard

ah inokki is the name of the shop.Can get 1st and 2nd hand cds at reasonable prices.Can also order cds which is not available at the shop.

nitrovo said:
I'm not that much of a fan of their older stuff. I have the tokyo showdown (live cd) and some others, but I find this to be the best. I tink they got a new vocalist for this album and thats why I love it. the vocals and riffs are so clear and..it just sounds awesome.

inflames.jpg

this is the vox for this album. go the dreds!

The vox is Anders Friden and he's been ard since the Jester Race yrs... The great thing abt In Flames is that production wise their albums keeps getting better each time esp since Fredrick Nodstrom started to produce their albums way way back and In Flames was one of the bands that started the whole Gottenburgh(spelling?) Metal thing..

Personally I dont mind In Flames changing styles to win new fans but its costing ALOT of their old fans to stop listenin to them.. Though I do wish that they bring back the gd ol harmonic guitars of Stromblad n Gelotte and in their upcoming album and stop being too "american metal" if u know what I mean... Same case with Soilwork and Dark Tranquility...

Btw Live in Tokyo is one of the weakest live album from any band IMO... I have an old bootleg club gig of In Flames from the Jester Race yrs and they were great.. Sorta strange to see Gelotte on drums though.. Still it was kickass..

:twisted:

European Metal Rules But I frankly believe the bands should not tour the USA too much. IMO, the new records after the US tour kinda became very nu-metal.
I got Soilwork's new album and i support them till the end, but just felt that the harmonising guitars and solos are limited.

European metal bands could kick most of the american metal bands off at one go. But I do like bands like Iced Earth, Unearth, Anthrax, Strapping Young Lad & The Devin Townsend Bands. They still sound good even though they are not european.

livideye said:
European Metal Rules But I frankly believe the bands should not tour the USA too much. IMO, the new records after the US tour kinda became very nu-metal.
I got Soilwork's new album and i support them till the end, but just felt that the harmonising guitars and solos are limited.

European metal bands could kick most of the american metal bands off at one go. But I do like bands like Iced Earth, Unearth, Anthrax, Strapping Young Lad & The Devin Townsend Bands. They still sound good even though they are not european.
Precisely.

yeah man, Angela Gossow! :twisted:

Also, i think that Ozzy is waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay waaaaay past his prime.. Living on past glory is what I call it. He was good back in the day, and i still listen to him. But fuck Sharon Osbourne! She says 'Before Samson there was Sabbath?'

Before Sharon there was Sabbath.

hahah...woa man...seems there's a lot of stuff to learn abt metal...after seeing the posts so far by u guys...time to do some homework...

you forgot people like deep purple, you may not consider them metal but without them there wouldnt be metal. :lol:

Back