emg pickups

EMG 81/81

Hi,

I'm using a dual 81s on my ESP. Sounded quite decent for e kinda genre im playing - alt/prog rock. v clear & defined & fuller than many other pickups i've ever tried. however, u may wanna consider the following setups (neck to bridge) 81/85 (Zakk Wylde), 81/60 (James Hetsfield) or 81/81 (Kirk Hammett). As u can c, im quite a Metallica fan :) lolx... check out http://www.emginc.com to download the short clip of the sound from the different pickups.

Regards

WiZaRd said:
Anibody tried EMG HZ-H4 B4? I read at Guitar World that it is the so-called passive pickup of the EMG 81. Well dunno whether issit true or not...
nahhh....tried it.....its far from 81s......can still be considered as stock pickups but slightly better.....u want passive PUs, better get dimarzios or seymour duncs...

Emg Hz

EMG HZ is not bad a pickup considering dat its passive rather dan active. I'm a EMG pickups fan & so i tink if u wanna try it, u mite wanna go down to davis & try out a decent ESP guit w dose pickups & c if u lyk e sound of it.

:)

okie guys lets not discriminate or likes of it, we're here to discuss abt EMG pickups. diff people diff opinions :) remember? haha i personally lyk EMG 81s - good fer solos & rhythmic, altho i noe dat 60s or 85s wld be a much beta choice on e neck.

hide said:
Vaiyen said:
IMO, the HZs suck. Too sharp and brittle; useless for most things.

Alexi Laiho's tone is far from sharp and brittle 8)

His is a H4. There are many variants in the HZ family.
Besides, he has a bunch of effects to sculpt his tone.

My LTD V came with stock HZ pickups and they sounded like crap so I took them out in no time.

Sell me

if u wanna sell it, pls let me know. i've been looking for it, but to no avail. my contact num i 98765104. thanks.

Yerps..True..ALexi Laiho's tone is good.He's just using the HZ-H4 on the bridge.Nuting at the neck.Yet his tone is really good to me. :D :D

Yeah its passive pickup. It's like the passive of the EMG 81 i suppose. Maybe for those who wans that EMG 81 Pickup but cant fit it to their guitar cuz of the battery..So i presume the HZ-H4 is the closest?? :p :p :p

Back