Drummers Needed For Gigs - Urgent In an Awesome Band !

Firstly I would like to offer my apology to SOFT here...I know I am to post this at the appropriate section (Musician Wanted Header)...but my friends really needed a Drummer urgently for preparation of gigs in eg 3 to 4 months time, thus they require a Drummer to practice before securation of Gigs.

About the Band

The Band plays Top-40 hits due to it's popularity as in gigs. The band comprise of a Lead, Bass, Rythmn Guitarists, a Keyboardist, and a singer. Basically, the drummer will be given says (5 to 10 songs) in MP3 format to listen to before the weekly Practice (only an hour at a very nice studio). Hopefully in 2 months, the band and the Drummer can cover at least 60 and above over songs.

I had tried my luck to join the group but unfortunately and honestly I do not meet up to their expectation as I'm still very very inexperience (I mean how good can I be drumming for 10 months or so only). I would say - The band members are Awesome beside being nice people, and they do play very well, and the songs are all commercial songs of course & it's nice.

Since I fail my fellow bros of Soft......and I know they are still looking for a Drummer (we are still very best of friends) ...I wish my BRos here in Soft (anyone here) who are interested to give it a try.

One thing to note: Only serious drummer. The band objective is not just to Jam for fun sake, but has an objective of nailing all those songs with the drummer, so that they can gig in 3 to 4 months time. They never believed in just Jamming, jamming and then lends the band nowhere at the end of the day....and that's great I would say....for all the effort..it's rational to make some $$$$$$$$ beside having FUN...yeah.

The band members are all having a day-job (which is important to them) and if they managed to acquire a gig - it would preferably be starting from maybe once a week to maximum 3 times a week only. Of course the drummer contemplating to join in the group would have to commit to that once being part of the band.

I have full-confidence in the group myself as I've seen and heard them play - but shy to say that my drumming sucks lah my Bro and they as I say they would want to gig in 3 to 4 months time.....(I need 2 years to be a fairly good drummer mah..how to play with them)...But I love the group - they are really great...great people playing great music.

If any of you drummers are interested - please PM me your e-mail or contact number, and I will get them to contact you directly.

I post this here, cause I really feel it's a band worthwhile joining....(too bad I don't meet-up to it).....nevertheless, any of you selected - please buy me a drink ok Kekekekeke !..that's all I want (beer not coffee har ! :lol: :lol: .

Cheers my fellow Drummers & Bros of Soft, and please do PM me..I'm anxiously waiting - Please try it out with them.

and Thank You for the time here....or you can call me directly at 97989977

Wamest Regards

Eric

The advert was put up here (I make this proposal to the group) as it will be more tagetted directly to Soft Drummers In Singapore.

So far I only received one PM from one drummer,

Rest assured - no nicks, no info whatever on the drummer/whoever here who PM me will be disclosed to anyone- you have my words and I honour it. I am only trying to assist the band-group kick-off soonest possible in a small way as best as I could.

My job is just to only pass your contact (whether by e-mail or by HP) to the Band-Leader of the group, after that, my job is done - the rest is between you... Soft Drummer & the Band...and I really hope and wish that one of you can be the group-drummer.

Please.eeee - I need your participation & response...and everything is highly confidential between you and the group only...no-one else...even me after that...ok

The only thing I will disclose is:-my own personal experience with this group of Musicians..that is -

(1) I myself is not ready to play for the group (and I will work harder on my drummings - I had a fantastic experience and they did gave me wonderful advice on my weaknessess) ...I realise playing alone (learning at home is never the same as playing with musician in a Jam-Studio, so is there difference playing live at a gig)....you see Bros - I'learn something new from them too and I appreciate.

(2) The truth is that ....It's really an Awesome-Band worth joining - because these guys are not as NEW as we think - they orchestrated very well and all the drummer need to do is - blend-in, lay the basic groove/the foundation, and timming must be good so that the band will b tight...being most important.

SO..please...give it a shot my Bros (for those of you who can commit)...I'm sure if you're selected.....This band will fly...

PS: - ALl I ask for is just a "Mug Of Beer" my brothers...please.eeee and I really want it from one of you Drummers here...

Now - start PMing me....I'll be waiting...but call me(only for Saturday & Sunday) cause I'm not at office...my number again is 97989977 (Eric)..

Some Songs They Play:-

Enter Sandman - Metallica
Dani Californication - Red Hot Chilli Pepper
Otherside - Red Hot Chilli Pepper
Audioslave
Higher Creed
Summer Of 69
Are YOu Gonna Be My Girl
You Give Love a Bad Name - Bon Jovi
Hotel California - Eagles
Long Train Runnin - Doobie Brothers

Etc..etc

Cheers !

You might want to include their gig's rough working hours? Alot of musicians now work in the day too (I've given up nightly contracts to go daytime cos of family) so the gig's working hours are fairly important to include.

For example, I was offered a gig to play at st. james but last set on weekends end at about 5am! I had to let it go.... A good friend of mine also just quit his band of 3 years cos he couldn't stand playing nightly til 3-4am anymorei...f you could give a rough gauge it'll be of great help to those interested.

Dear Alvin

The group have no gig presently, but is looking towards one that offer either (once a week) or at most (3 times a week) only - that's what I was told....they just tell me "their day job is very important - that's their Bread & Butter & they have a family to support"......at the same time - they would want to get the gigs - so that money & time is not wasted after all the practice...beside enjoying playing music.

But - they never tell me "What is Gig Rough Working Hours they will take"...Yeah I will ask them then post it here again ok..

Yeah..playing every night must be very hectic & tiring, especially you've got a day job. Wah..last set at St. James 5am in the morning...must be damn chia-lat.

Gosh, thanks for all these info...I didn't know that, bands play gig untill so late...I thought..they will end at maybe 3pm in most places and the band-members can all go home then at about 1.45pm latest..

Now I know - It's so tough been a Professional Musician Full-Time or Part-Time...must respect all these people lah.....not an easy life I see.

Cheers my Bro !
and thank you so much for all these important things that I miss out here ...I will get back soonest on this.

Eric

First - this is to let all our Brothers in Soft-Drummer-Forum - That The Position For The Drummer Is Closed.

Second - Both Drummers has been selected and agreed to play for the band. One as the Main Drummer and the other as the Stand-In Drummer - They are both Great !

Question: - Do you guys want to know who they are, I'm sure you do ..BUT..I won't tell you ...Hahahahahaha :lol: :lol:

Thirdly: - OK I will let you know - but not now. When the Group come out and Gig.....I will stipulate the Venue, Time & Date, Then we arrange to meet-up, let's merry, drink & support our VERY OWN SOFT DRUMMER - (Our Brothers here)......Then you all will know who he is - and meet him personally liao

I will buy you...your 1st-Drink there... (the 1st 15 Bros who put up your name - and must be there) it's on me...OK.....

Cheers ! at least this is what I can do best for you all.

Back