Do You Look Like A Musician?

There is no such thing as looking like a musician. You just dress like an individual. Dressing up specifically to make people notice you as a musician is just poser behaviour if you ask me.

"Hey look at me! I can play guitar! Yeah I'm METAL! I'm hardcore!"

-_-

+1000000

but theres no denying that people want to see a visual feast on stage....just make sure that the music should always come first. cant stand bands who place image before the music. real pointless if you ask me.

On stage is on stage lah

Don't need wear your 'costumes' out mah......Everyone should just be naked *smirks*

I don't dress up... But I think my mohawk says it all. (In actual fact, I don't have a mohawk right now because I haven't cut my hair in a long time, but I'd better remember to cut ASAP).

But seriously, if you see me in the streets, I'm not sure whether what you see is some punk fan, or a rock/metal guitarist/bassist. I am a librarian in my church youth group, and I was told I looked like a very hardcore librarian (i.e. looked too hardcore to be a librarian) :mrgreen:

h

why do u need to dress like one...??

u just need ur brains to play an instrument thats all...

unless u play glam or hair metal, where loss of hair means the end of ur career...

It's not so much of wearing and showing and stuff.
IMO it's how you carry yourself, what how you act and in the end, naturally affects how you carry yourself e.g what you wear.

For guitarists and bassists, one must basically happen to notice the deformation on our fingertips. :cool: Though on some people the calluses are so smooth that they are able to conceal any deformation.

I've got a little trench in my little finger after so many years of playing, guess some scars don't go even though my other fingers don't look too ugly.

Most people think I'm a drummer because although I've stopped playing drums a while back, I still tend to tap and stomp subconsciously. If I told them I no longer played drums...

Musicians do tend to like wearing t-shirts with their favourite guitar brand logo or amplifier brand, etc. I for one just love my Ibanez t-shirt.

No..the last thing people have on their minds when they see me is to think that I'm a musician. People always tell me, "eh..honestly ah..when i first met you i thought you were a geek/ah beng/cheena kid leh"

nice zealot btw shrednoob, i will pwn u ass with my cracklings, or maybe i'll hydra drop with a defiler to make a dark swarm...pwnage! gg u loose, i wean!

Back