DESIGN A GUITAR CONTEST! Due 28th Feb 2007

imo, the winner should get a custom guitar with his custom art painted on the guitar itself + slap in some Bare Knuckles pickup..

then u see the next day, Dennis will come whoop my arse upside down :lol:

i think there is another guitar design comp by ibanez rite?

hmm might give this a try if i find the time..already have a few 3d/2d cg guitar models/designs courtesy of Blender, 3DSM, Photoshop, Illustrator. Mayb i'll do a non-cg one..coz its the design tht matters. not how good ur guitar looks..but how good the design is. its gonna b hell if done in 3d..unless just uv map the whole design onto the mesh :lol: But that wouldnt look too good..

Hi can ask whether how is the best being picked out?

Must be original?

Or purely look? Like adding some additional stuff to some models?

edited:

the winner is decided by ???
Public votes?
G77 Staff?
Public and G77?
Some GOH? (Guest of honor? *insert some famous guitarist)

Hi Guys,

Great Job!
I have received quite a number of designs already...really have to say some are impressive but a couple of friends here sent in a "Already Been Around Model" like Strat, RG or Tele but change some switches, pickup position and colour design. Some of them really impressive too but we are looking in a MORE ORIGINAL Electric Guitar design... Maybe is that we never state clearly enough sorry about that... What we want is a truly Original Model....

A new body shape and new headstock! And Technically must be possible to make.

Maybe I will have another contest by designing and colouring on Schecter or Parker! Thanks for the NEW IDEA!

As for the Judges:

Dennis and myself from Guitar77
James from Soft "of course" he havent agree but I am sure he will haha.

I am trying to invite some great guitarist here and who knows
some of our products brands bosses. Will keep you update on that!

The 1st Prize winner guitar "may" be MASS MANUFACTURE TOO!
So guys you still got some time! Do your BEST!! 28th Feb 2007!!

We will be printing POSTERS! NEED SOME VOLUNTEER to help us PASTE around school and clubs!! PM ME okie!!! Will give you guys some freebies for the effort!!

How about one that can double up as an in-build water bottle? or maybe a cigarette pipe :) Can either drink while playing or smoke while playing :lol:

Okie I am being lame~

Its all up to you whether you wanna state the hardware.. if you are very particular of the hardware why not : )

:lol: I did specify the hardware and where to get them, so should be relatively easier to build :)

Need to include dimension?

I also have a question aside from neuro's.

Do we just need to draw the front of the guitar or do we need to care about thedesigns like the back, the tremolo system, detailed headstock drawing etc?

was tinkin of designin but after i came up wit my design i was like to hell wit it...sure will not win cos got ppl use 3d imagin all sia

Aiya, a chance at winning is still better than not participating wad. :) Have confidence. I'm probably going to use only drawing as well. Coloring, I'll see what I can do.

One more question... Let's say I've already came up with a guitar design and it comes with a floyd rose. If I were to draw that beside the original drawing as a fixed bridge or normal floating trem as variants, will it be considered different design or just alternate design (that is to say, 1a, 1b, 1c (counted as a single design) instead of 1st 2nd and 3rd guitar design)?

Back