David Beckham Joins AC Milan !!!

Only Mr Beckham can create such a frenzy with a short loan move.

His doing it just to keep himself fit for England duties like when he joined Arsenal last year to train himself up even though he wasn't schedule to play in any of their games.

As a player he's an asset to any team IMO, though not as technically gifted as the likes of the Zidanes or Ronaldos, he makes up for it with his pinpoint crossing/passes and high work rate. Will he fit into AC Milan style of play? As a model professional footballer, of course he will as I don't see him throwing a tantrum when being ask to play in a manner to suit the team.

This move is very similar to the one when Henrik Larsson joined Man Utd, not too long ago, on a short loan stint. Larsson and Beckham are examples of a rare breed of big game players, thats why they are sought after by the big teams (even when critics claim they are pass their prime) cause they can change the outcome of games with a cross, pass or deadball situations.

hey neuro...thank you for the comments ...ha ha ..u fan boy?hmm
its just a personal view,and you get so work up !!!!

A little worked up though. I supported him since 96 when he was still a young player in MUFC, so I am very sensitive to critics (especially when people yak yak yak but they themselves aren't even half his standards/achievements @ his young tender age).

It is easy to talk though cuz talk is cheap. Don't flame me cuz I am just using this as an analogy - if I were to say Paul Gilbert shredding is crappy and post comments like he is way past his prime or he is just recycling most of his past riffs etc., I'm sure PG fans will literally net-kill me cuz they will be thinking who is this dude ranting on the thread and talk like he can pwn PG etc etc etc.

So same goes when people talk about Beckham.

understand your viewpoint , neuro..

but ultimately when this topic comes into a open forum, people are entitled to their own views..one man meat might be another poison.

most importantly i guess is to take a pinch of salt regarding comments...

sometimes the more we try to push our point across the worse it gets...

just like paul gilbert is a very good guitarist, but ppl need not agree that he is the best...

just my 2 cents...

I know where you are coming from. If I could get half as accurate as him on the free kick, I would die in peace.

Similarly, if I could get half of PG's skill, I will have no more regrets *lol*

Beckham has always been an inspiration to me (from MUFC -> Real -> USG -> AC Milan), so I can't really stand heavy critics on him. But I guess everyone is entitled to their views. I should be more open and understanding.

My bad, deepest apologies if I sound offensive (and/or aggressive).

becks made some mistakes in his life, like marrying posh spice, sent off in the 98 world cup, and the whole fergie saga.
but that doesnt mean he's not an awesome RM in this era of modern football. he's a great captain for england protecting Danny Mills on the pitch in the 2002 world cup. stepping up to take the penalty kick against Argentina requires huge balls.
plus his passing and crossing was one of the reason why man united was so successful in the 99 treble winning season.
his work rate is not high? he's the only English player to score in three world cups, you need extremely high work rate to produce such a feat, to be able to take part in 3 world cups.

and look at all these awards he has won in his career,
PFA Young Player of the Year: 1997
Named in 1998 FIFA World Cup All-star team
FIFA World Player Of The Year Award finalist: 1999, 2001 (runner-up both years)
UEFA Club Player of the Year Winner: 1999
UEFA Club Player of the Year Finalist: 2001
BBC Sports Personality of the Year: 2001
ESPY Award for Best Male Soccer Player: 2004
ESPY Award for Best MLS Player: 2008
Named in Pelé's FIFA 100 list of the greatest living players.
Inducted into the English Football Hall of Fame in September 2008.

and also, his works to promote football is amazing. setting up soccer clinics, and charity work all over the world.
he was named United Nation's Children's Fund (UNICEF) "Goodwill Ambassador" (2005–present),
voted "Britain's Greatest Ambassador" at the Greatest Britons 2007,
just to name a couple.

he may not be as skillful as zidane, george best, messi, ronaldinho and all, but he made playing soccer from the right side something special.
so all i'm saying is, he is a great person and also a great soccer player.
no one should have the right to rob him away from his achievements.

ps: i'm not a fan of becks! i'm just a huge football supporter. and i know when a good player is not getting the praises he deserved due to each's personal enmities.

Last edited:
A little worked up though. I supported him since 96 when he was still a young player in MUFC, so I am very sensitive to critics (especially when people yak yak yak but they themselves aren't even half his standards/achievements @ his young tender age).

It is easy to talk though cuz talk is cheap. Don't flame me cuz I am just using this as an analogy - if I were to say Paul Gilbert shredding is crappy and post comments like he is way past his prime or he is just recycling most of his past riffs etc., I'm sure PG fans will literally net-kill me cuz they will be thinking who is this dude ranting on the thread and talk like he can pwn PG etc etc etc.

So same goes when people talk about Beckham.

if people tell me paul gilbert sucks, i will get pissed off too. when people tell me good players suck, i get pissed off incredibly too. i personally admire and look up to players who can dribble well and are all rounded.

interesting analogy but i think it is more accurate to compare beckham to brad delson rather than paul gilbert.

why? cos people diss brad delson for not being able to play solos like how people diss beckham for not being able to dribble. brad delson fans say he play good riffs, performs all over the world, sells lots of records etc so who are the critics to criticise brad delson when they aren't even half as good as him or sell as many records or tour as much as him etc.

paul gilbert the shred wizard is more like wing wizards like ryan giggs. good dribbler, has pace, create alot of goals etc but don't get the same recognition as the good crosser beckham (and giggs can CROSS well too). ryan giggs though in my view much better than beckham as a player, doesn't get nearly the same amount of credit that beckham gets. precisely like how the average person on the street who listens to mainstream radio music mainly knows brad delson (linkin park) more than paul gilbert, even though gilbert is a better guitarist than delson. "eh, paul who?" "brad delson the linkin park lead guitarist ah? wah he and linkin park rocks! the best band in the world, best heavy metal" "aiya i never even heard of this paul, so linkin park and brad delson surely better than him one, they are so popular! paul must be nobody listen one don't think he is good"

anyway i don't agree with some bros here that beckham is past his prime. because the way he plays, age won't catch up with him as bad as say ryan giggs. beckham's weapons are still free kicks and crosses and i don't see how badly they will detereoriate with age. he doesn't rely on pace, just on the delivery of the ball.

and 1 bro here mentioned that "if it works, why not?" with regards to what i said about his low work rate. well, yes, i agree, if it works for the team, why not? personally if i'm a striker with beckham on my team i'll be damn happy because i know i'll be getting lots of good crosses which means lots of good chances to score goals. but you got to understand another thing too - an opposing fullback will be having a much harder time guarding against the likes of cristiano ronaldo than david beckham.

david beckham - good crosser, yes. good free kick taker, yes. i give credit when credit is due. just don't tell me he is a better player than ryan giggs.

Last edited:
Yes i agree. Sometimes, the media can really portray ppl as $hit when they really aren't. The ppl at TNP are lousy football pundits, they rated Frank Lampard's diving header against Middlesbrough a 29/30! Most i woulda given would've been 23. There's a reason why many ppl from our generation knew abt Becks even though we knew next to nothing abt football. I knew abt him even b4 i knew abt Steven Gerrard. It seems that his life as a person may have been a little $crewed up but as a footballer, he's a good role model and has been a star for many many years. So give credit where it is due, and don't diss ppl jus bcos u dun like their personal lives.

Back