Cost of GST on import of guitar from Japan

Kallaghan

Hey, fellas.

My first posting here. Not sure if correct section but maybe the mod(s) can move it if needs be.

I'm a UK resident who visits Singapore once a year on business/leisure and I am wondering what you guys pay on GST on gear imported from Japan? I don't think duty is applied but maybe you can all give me a bit of advice?

Thnx in advance.

Kallaghan

If the item is brought in and sold in shops, the GST of 7% should be already applied in the price of the item. IIRC prices as quoted in Singapore must already include GST.

If the item is brought in and sold in shops, the GST of 7% should be already applied in the price of the item. IIRC prices as quoted in Singapore must already include GST.

I'd be bringing it into Sing then, eventually, taking it back home to UK. I'm just trying to save on freight/tax since I'm out in Asia anyway.

I'd be bringing it into Sing then, eventually, taking it back home to UK. I'm just trying to save on freight/tax since I'm out in Asia anyway.

If you're shipping an item here, yes, you are obligated to pay taxes on it, regardless of where it's from as well if you paid more than SGD400, inclusive of shipping, on the item as well.

Back