Building a small pedal board.

ken2502

Hey all, I'm looking for a small board that can accommodate the following:

Voodoo Lab Power Pedal ISO-5
Line 6 M5
Xotic RC Booster
Danelectro Fish n Chips Eq
Wilson Wah

I'm familiar with the Pedaltrain series but I'm wondering if there are other good (and possibly cheaper) alternatives. Also, what patch cables would you guys recommend? Thanks!

The cheapest would be a pedalcase like CNB. Might be able to get secondhand for approx $30 to $50, ok for casual use but not that sturdy. Since you have a wah, the smaller Pedaltrains might not be suitable. The T-rex Tonetrunk is basically a ripoff of the Pedaltrain design but cheaper.. Or can also consider the EHX or Gator pedal boards.

I get all my patch cables from TY Music Center at Excelsior/Peninsula. Their default option is Canare GS-4 cable with flat right-angled plugs, there are also other cable and plug options if you want. Really space saving and good quality, without shelling out big bucks for those branded cables. You can ask for any length and they'll make on the spot.

You could consider the shark pedal board from Guitar77

cost about 150 bucks comes with a pedaltrain-ish frame with a really well padded bag that has bagpack straps
http://www.guitar77.com/index.php?p...&option=com_virtuemart&=53&vmcchk=1&Itemid=53

you could also get a electroharmonix pedalbag which is about 60 to 70 bucks, can fit alot of pedals but doesnt have a good backing so your pedals wont really hold well inside. I used to make custom aluminium boards to solve this problem but i aint doing them anymore :p

If you're gonna get a pedalboard, get a Pedaltrain (second-hand?). Try to surf the SOFT Buy/Sell Accessories section. I think I saw some pedaltrains being sold at cheaper prices. Don't bother getting a CNB pedalboard as the perimeter of the board is raised (unlike PT) and causes blockage to your cables output to guitar/amp.

*Not forgetting the fact that you can hide all your cables and daisy chain under the pedaltrain !

I would recommend patch cables from TYMC as mentioned by carboxymoron as they make your cables on the spot according to the length and head (L-shaped or straight) desired.

Last edited:
I have a PT Jr and I think it would be perfect for his gear, and prob abit more space for any incoming purchases hehehe. I think the Pt Jr would be your best bet

A PT Mini won't fit his wah, and a PT Jr will be a bit oversized for his 4 pedals..

My thoughts exactly. I'm considering if I should exclude the wah and settle for a PT Mini. It'll be great if I can find something that's bigger than a Mini but smaller than a Jr.

That patch cables idea sounds really good. Thanks guys.

Last edited:
If you don't use the wah every time you play, get the mini and bring the wah along when you need it. That way you dont need to carry the extra weight.

I would go with TYMC as well, usually around $5 a piece and more for longer lengths.

Back