BOSS GT8

ZON_P

anyone owns one ? or try it?

i need reviews of it.

or compare a GT8 wif a XT LIVE ... ?? anyone?

i read it actually but i wanted more reviews.

it seems like ppl are just sayin yeah this is gd dats gd.

buts no detail reviews over it,. like comparing which is beta in chorus, reverb wah. user frenlyness,. eq, the cabs in it, the compressor,
over tone wise, how it sounds in gigs or recordings.

and who actually owned a GT8.?

no hard feelings for those who dun own one but thn again,. if u hve owned one how are u able to give a gd review if u dun hve enough time trying it out? unless u play it for a couple of hours in the shop.

i'm sure owners of either GT8 or XT LIVE will be happy to share their views over this product once again.

i hope replies will be bout the GT8 and xt live not lame replies.
thanks and once again no hard feelings.

i just want to noe the updated and more detail reviews. thanks.

I've owned 1, for 1 month haha. To me, if you're getting a multifx processor, u need to get good cab/speakers to go along with it. I plugged mine into an amp with an 8 inch speaker, didnt sound impressive, but when my friend plugged his XT live into my peavey XXL thru the fx loop, it sounded real good man. Also, you shld seriously consider if you're gonna use most of the efx, if not, you can consider getting a sansamp gt-2 or tri A.C for amp modelling, non digital stuff. Comparison wise, for GT-8 and PODXT Live, I cant say much, because I have yet to get my hands on the XT Live and spent only 1 month fooling arnd with the GT-8, but somehow, the gt-8 looks like its good for its efx, whereas the XT Live seems like a better amp modeller (frm what I see online).

my friends told me that this guy who used a gt8 for a gig had a really sucky sound.probably cause he dono how to use it

hi...

im using a gt8 now.. if u ask me.. i wld say i like it alot den podxt i own before....

go www.bossgtcentral.com go the gt8 forum there.. lots of ppl to help u there.. patches to download.. theres even someone in the forum there tt uses a frequency analyser to analyse and compare with the real actually thing and he found it to be really close.. gt8 has realli cool functions like blendin 2 amps together and switchin channels by ur dynamics.. the wahs on gt8 are quite gd imo..

go check out the website and im sure it will help u in ur decision...

thks.

for the startin of using a GT it has really complicated EQ and preamp to set for ur likings i guess. reviews and owners saying the XT LIVE really gd for cab modifying but has lousy efx like chorus, dis, etc.

so does GT8 has beta efx ? but poorer cab modifying?

eh ya small amp doesn't bring the sound of the efx out ..

thanks guys.

Bought it for about few month oredi........ard 3-4 month......uses GT6 for ard 6 mth before GT8 come out n i quickly bought it.

Impressed with GT6 function, efx, cab, tone n variety of capabilities. So using GT8 was not a problems except learning few control n nu capabilities dat r not in GT6.

More controls for tweaking, more internal pedals for switching and assigning efx or controls.

I use line/phone output....cos more clarity and true o/p from the unit. I depend how u tweak n manipulate the tone n efx n maximise d capabilities.

Personally, i love the unit. Ive never try PODXTLIVE but would like to hear review from those owner.

If u wana try my unit....feel free to come to my place......I can show u everyting bout the GT8....

Cheers........

I used to own a GT8 unit. But went back to GT6 after a short 2-3 month of 8. Somehow a particular stompbox in 6 was modified in 8, and it became pretty bad sounding. It has been widely discussed in the GT forum. As I previously relied very much on that particular stomp for rhythm, I wasn't able to set myself a suitable replacement patch. I had problem getting a tight tone, particularly rhythm. I had to go back to the 6. But then again, the 8 definitely has some good new features..and nice preamps.

Could anyone give us some reviews on podxtlive?

Thanks.

another plus point for podxt live is for those that plug their effects straight into the house. their line out technology plus their execellent amp modelling effects will give a realistic (and not digital) sound. though not all amp models are good - but most are more than decent.

so for those that don't want to carry an amp around and plug their effect straight into the PA, POD XTlive is the way to go and is 2nd to none.

The GT series are good in a sense that it gives a lot of control to the user. as most would know, comparing both the GT series and POD series, the POD is a more user friendly equipment. BUT you cannot fault GT because of it's wide range of controls available. Even the old GT-3 already has more controls than the POD XT.

IMO this is my conclusion:

using effects straight thru the PA/house - POD XT wins
Controls and functions - GT-8 wins
Through the amp - this one is hard. it will take a lot of time to really try out because so far, GT is good and something and XT is good at others. but i think in the mean time, i will give the POD a slight edge over the GT.

Back