BedRoom Studio HELP

haha thx man. kindof cleared some of my misconception.
how bout speaker stimulation? it wun sound good without ss even with preamp+DI right?
So a Line6 audiointerface also has cab stimulation bundled up?

for every aspect of hardware, there is "software" emulation, or "hardware running software (DSP)" emulation.
there's even preamp emulation. for drums there's miked up, for "software emulation" ,there's all the drum triggers to programming drums etc. even vocals, vocaloid has been around for years.

btw it's "simulation" not stimulation, no big deal on the english but it does make you sound like you have more passion than most ppl in an awkward way.

haha sry man.. STIMULATION lol cant believe i said that.!!
lol if thats the case do they hv better soundcard/DI box simulation? Then we do not need any hardware alr just plug instrument to PC record?
haha just wondering....

by "they" you mean Line6? not really. cos it depends on preferences of diff ppl. some ppl love the guitar rig, some ppl amplitube, some line6, some prefer hardware pedals > cabinet simulator DI box.

you could say "we can choose not to need/want any hardware" , because it's not a straight formula to this. there're many ways and preferences of sound. and end of the day there are ppl who simply swear by miking up the amp and record.

how to use? a mixer is according to my DIY recording FAQ : preamp/eq/panner/phantompowersupply.

http://www.tapcoworld.com/scripts/showimage.html?u=/products/mixseries/photos/MIX50_TOP.jpg
you have one XLR input (for mic) OR 1 line input and 2 line inputs Mono
OR
one XLR input + 2 line inputs stereo (with BAL set to center)

e.g.
#1-vocal mic > xlr > XLR input
#2a-Guitar > 1/4inch jack > L (Mono) > [Set BAL to Center 0]
#2b-Guitar > 1/4inch jack > R
#3-Bass > 1/4inch jack > L (Mono) > [Set BAL to L]

OR

#3a-Bass > 1/4inch jack > L (Mono) > [Set BAL to center 0]
#3b-Synth > 1/4inch jack > R
what you get is

#1 - vocals
#2 - guitars left and right
#3 - Bass center OR Bass left, Synth right

set your levels gain, sound should be going in by now and your meter will flash.
and the sound will be coming out from Main Out / Phones.

what I've suggested is just basic use. for more information you should really learn how to use by reading the manual, mixers in layman terms is simply : Sound goes in. Sound gets mixed SOMEWHERE. and Sound goes out somewhere AND

do try my method : if using your head is too confusing, try thinking with your penis. everything becomes a lot more simpler. I got to where I am via this method lol :

Fornicate every "hole" on the mixer with a 1/4inch jack from guitar and your 1/4inch jack headphones.

Back