BC Rich Acrylic Series

ChanMin said:
some things were just meant to be made out of wood.

just curious ... acrylic guitar got diff between normal electric guitar ? just appearance wise only rite ?

The body of acrylic guitars are made of very thick acrylic, a plastic that is often transparent. Usually those see-through guitars that you can see at Ashleigh Music.

A normal guitar is usually made of wood. There are some that are made of other materials or a combination, such as an Ovation guitar which has a wooden top but fibre glass body.

ChanMin said:

Hmmz but is there any difference between sound , feel and tone ? like e fundamental difference in an acrylic guitar other than construction is just e appearance rite ?

yeah..sound wise...is there any different from a wood body guitar?

and which series of bc rich would u guys recommend? hee

stars said:
ChanMin said:

Hmmz but is there any difference between sound , feel and tone ? like e fundamental difference in an acrylic guitar other than construction is just e appearance rite ?

Many guitars differ in appearance even though they are made of the same material and constructed with the same technology.

As for the difference in sound and tone and feel, I can't be sure as I have not played an acrylic guitar before. But my guess is that there are differences that usually only a more experienced electric guitar can tell. It will also depend very much on the pickups and amp used. Hence you will need to test both a normal wood body and an acrylic body with the same amp and pickups to note their precise tonal differences.

I'm sure the feel is very different.

They will definately sound different cause a wood's resonance is diff from plastic.

Even diff kinds of wood sounds diff.. :?

Acrylic bodies supposedly provide huge sustain. Not to mention it looks cool. Heavy though...

Latest posts

Back